Chapter Two

Blake's P

Blake's P.O.V

At 7:00 in the morning, when my hangover was almost gone, Damon, Stefan and I drove to the Mystic Grill.

When we walked in I knew that a certain someone was here.

I looked around to see not one, but two Originals at the bar, chatting with each other.

"There goes the fun of coming here," I muttered.

Stefan snorted at my comment.

Matt guided us to a table as far from Klaus and his sister, Rebekah, as possible.

Matt handed us our menus and stuck around to take our orders.

"I'll just get chicken tenders. And don't forget the ranch! And a scotch, also, please." I grinned.

Matt grinned back at me. "You need to grow up, Blake. Try a hamburger or something."

"I have grown up, Matt." I handed him my menu. "I'm drinking alcohol."

"And you're underage."

I scoffed, pretending to be pissed off.

"Anyways, you want onion rings or fries?" Matt asked, stopping to glance at Rebekah.

I smirked. "Fries."

After we all ordered, Matt took our menus and left to go get our drinks.

"So," Damon smirked at Stefan. "I was delighted to hear Caroline and Tyler getting it on last night."

Stefan ignored Damon's comment and tried to start a new topic of conversation.

"So what's the news with the hybrid problem?" Stefan asked, right as Matt came over with our drinks.

"I overheard Klaus and Rebekah talking about his hybrids," Matt said as he placed my scotch in front of me.

"And what was that?" Damon furrowed his eyebrows.

"Tyler and that Hayley girl are encouraging the hybrids to turn at will. They can break the sire bond by doing that." Matt explained once all of our drinks were on the table. "And now they're plotting against Klaus.
"Anyways, I think your food is ready. Let me go get it." Matt said, hurrying off to the kitchen.

Right after he left, my phone started buzzing.

I pulled my iPhone out of my jacket pocket and answered it, putting it up to my ear.

"Hello?" I said.

"Blake! It's Caroline. Um, are you near any of the boys with vampire hearing right now?" Caroline's voice sang through the speakers.

"Yeah, two of them. Why?" I frowned, even though she couldn't see.

"I need you to slowly walk away from them and turn on water or something while you talk to me." Caroline instructed.