Chapter Six

A/N: The storyline in this book is completely whack

A/N: The storyline in this book is completely whack... sorry bout it. But also sorry for not updating for a few months 😬

Klaus' P.O.V

"You... what?"

Her face changed into a confused expression.

"Klaus, what are you even talking about?" She frowned. "You can't be serious. I barely know you."

"Why do you think I bought you the dress?" I frowned back.

She opened her mouth to speak but closed it, not knowing what to say.

"You asked. There's your answer." I said coldly.

She pulled her hands off of me and stopped dancing. "You know what? Just forget it. You're nice when you have everything you want, but when you don't you're a prick."

"Blake—"

"What, Klaus? Am I wrong?"

I took a deep breath, knowing her observation was accurate. "No, you are not."

Her expression softened. "I'm sorry. I'm a little on edge because of Damon." she paused. "But... I love Damon. And only Damon. I'm sorry, Klaus, but this... can't happen."

Her words should've hurt me. But they didn't. Why? Because without a doubt I knew I would make her mine.

Kol's P.O.V

Klaus walked away from Blake mid-dance. He looked pissed.

I left the redhead I was dancing with to go over to Blake.

"Why does my brother look like he has a stick up his ass?" I asked her with a smirk.

She sighs. "He's... complicated. That's all."

"That's no news, sweetheart." I look down at her. "What did he do this time?"

Blake avoids my eyes. "He says he "fancies" me. I've known him for less than a month. That's crazy, right?"

Not really. I've known you for two hours and I think I love you. I didn't even think I was capable of love.

I wanted to say that.

"Love is unpredictable." I say instead.

She meets my eyes and frowns. "What?"

I shrug. "You can't choose who you fall in love with."

"You think he loves me?" Her face looked uncomfortable at the thought of Nik loving her.

No, but I do.

But she can't know that. I can't show it, either.

Better act like my old self, where I don't care.

"Beats me. I never thought Niklaus was capable of love, but I guess we'll find out, won't we?" I fake a smirk.

"I don't think I want to find out." She mutters.

Blake's P.O.V

Kol is definitely different from his siblings. He's not as serious, and carefree. I can't help but thinking there's something more to him. Something that doesn't quite meet the eye. Something he doesn't let people see.

"Do you want a drink?" Kol asks me. "There's champagne, wine, liquor..."

"You know I'm underage, right?" I quirk an eyebrow. "But yes, I'll have whatever liquor you have."

"I know you are. I just don't understand why you went for such an oldie like Damon Salvatore." Kol flashes me a cheeky smirk.

"At least I'm not going for Klaus, who's over a thousand years old." I scoff.

He rolls his eyes. "Niklaus acts like he's from the Stone Age."

I giggle. "Are you going to get my drink or what?"

Kol winks. "I'm on it, darling." He strolls into another room.

For some reason, his wink gave me butterflies. Kol's quite handsome. In fact, too handsome. But that doesn't matter. I already have a bad boy boyfriend who's hot as hell.

"Blake."

Speak of the Devil.

Damon approaches me. "I'm sorry about earlier. It just pisses me off that Klaus is interested in you."

"You mean you're jealous?" I smirk, caressing his cheek.

He playfully rolls his eyes. "Of Klaus? No. If anything, he should be jealous of me, because I'm the one dating you."

Someone clears their throat behind us. We turn around to see Klaus raising his eyebrows at Damon.

"I'm sorry, am I interrupting something?" Klaus cocks his head and flashes a sarcastic smirk. "And to be clear, Damon, I'm not jealous of you, because I know you won't treat her right, and when that happens, I'll swoop in and show her what she's been missing." He licks his lips.

Damon and I both share a weirded out look.

"Did you just lick your lips?" Damon cocks his head and steps forward aggressively.

"Damon." I try to stop him before he makes a scene.

"Like she's a piece of meat?" Damon continues, angrily.

Klaus holds his hand up in surrender with a humored expression. "I didn't do anything, Damon."

"The hell you didn't." Damon growls, calming down a bit.

"Klaus, can you just leave us alone, please?" I groan.

"Sure thing, love." He smirks. "I'll be seeing you around."

Right as he walks away Kol comes back with our drinks.

He hands me my drink. "Look who's decided to join." He looks at Damon with a careless expression.

Damon turns to me. "What is he doing here?"

I take a sip of whatever liquor Kol got me. "He was keeping me company when you were elsewhere."

Damon takes the drink from my hand and gulps all of it down in one chug.

My mouth parts open in surprise. "Um, I wanted that."

Damon sets the now empty glass down on a coffee table and pulls me closer to him. "We're leaving now."

"What? Why?"

"I don't want you around these creepy Originals. They're everywhere I go." He tells me quietly. He pulls his suit jacket off and puts it over my shoulders in attempt to keep me warm for when we go outside in the cold.

"Leaving so soon?" Kol cocks his head at us. "What a shame. I guess I'll see you around."

"Yeah," I nod. "Goodnight, Kol."

"Goodnight, Blake."