4. Flashbacks

~10 years ago, age 8~

It's winter, and it's very cold inside the manor. Father is having a meeting with some of his friends, they talk about a lot of dark stuff, that's what mother told me.

"I don't want you to hear that. Go play outside. Will you, Draco?" she says with a concerned look on her face. I don't know what was going on, so I nod and head downstairs. I leave through the back door of the kitchen and start walking. I think of maybe inviting some friends over, but I don't have any that aren't related to dad's dark friends. Instead I just walk.

It's a very lonely part of my life (not that it had gotten any better). I am sad all the time, and very alone. When I was 4 I wanted to be friends with Dobby, our house elf, but father told me they were peasants and nothing more, and that if I dare to think of that again, he will beat me. I get beat up all the time. I have gotten used to that over the years.

A lot had happened in the last few days. Father is having a lot of dark meeting lately. Yesterday I was walking past the room they were in and I heard what they said.

"It's possible. Though we will need someone from the inside. Severus can no longer be trusted." One of them said.

"Agreed. We need a student. But we will have to wait until the child is attending Hogwarts." Another one agreed.

"Draco will do that. He will carry the burden." It was father who talked now. As he mentioned my name I took a step forward. I accidentally moved the door and made sounds, which caused them to notice me. Father looked at me with a horrid expression. He got up quickly and walked towards me.

"We will talk about this later Draco." He said with gritted teeth as he closed the door. He hit me that night

My body still aches, my face burn with bruises. As I am thinking of that, I start to cry. It starts to rain pretty hard as well. It's all too hard. I can't take it and my legs fail as I fall to the ground.

I sit there on the wet forest's ground and cry. Out of nowhere comes a large white furry dog with ocean blue eyes. He sees me cry and starts to cuddle me. He licks my face and sits next to me. It's all very comforting and I must admit that I feel much better.

I sit there with the dog for about 15 minutes and then as I look to the manor, I see that father's friends are leaving. I decide that I want to keep this dog, he was the only one who cared for me lately.

I walk with it inside and go to father. He was just leaving his office so I tapped him on the back and he turned.

"Can I keep this dog father? I promise I would take care of him."

"Filthy animal! Never!" he took out his wand and called.

"Avada Kadabra."

I watched as the beautiful dog fell lifeless on the ground. Tears burn in the back of my eyes and I try to contain them inside. I fail.

"Weak. That's what you are." My father says as he turns on his heels and leave.

The mission they assigned me was to become friends with Harry Potter, so I could get information on their plan from the inside, so I can help the dark lord. I failed at that too.

~Today~

As Hermione left me on that bench, I started to cry again. All of those flashbacks were cruel. I hadn't cried so much since I was 8. Then in the corner of my eye, I saw (or maybe imagined) the ghost of a large white dog.