6. Dear Draco

A/N
Hey guys! First of all I wanted to say thank you for reading, and commenting or voting! It means a lot! Second, I don't know about the next chapter, but I have something in mind, therefore this chapter is in a letter form (maybe the next one as well). And hence why it is shorter than usual.
Keep comment, share and vote!
XO

-------------------------------

Dear Draco of age 11-15.
I am writing this to you knowing you will never get the chance to read it but I will and so it is almost the same.

I am you of age 18. I am you after the war. I am you after being "sober" for enough time to understand the circumstances of what YOU have done to us.

I have to admit that at first I had a lot of hard feelings towards you. I know you suffered a lot before you went to Hogwarts. Being away from home for almost 6 years only did good. You were sort of happy here.

But I am mad at you, still. I am mad because you didn't see the man Dumbledore was inside, only the so called fool you made out of him. I am mad because you were happy due to laughing at others, due to humiliating others. And the worst part is that it made you feel satisfaction. I am mad because I know you could have done better.

Yesterday I met Hermione Granger for the first time in a year. I thought she would be mad at you as well. At us, actually. But she wasn't. She has a good heart, just like you, but she didn't tame it. She allowed it to show. She is not a coward like yourself. Like myself.

But I am kind of sorry for you. Because I know your current future is not very bright. Because I know you mean well. But you don't know how to be kind to others. You don't have the ability to be good without feeling some sort of regret. But I am not mad at that, because I know it is not your fault. That's just how we were raised.

You may wonder why after all this time I am taking the time to write to you. What has changed?

I am on a journey to a very far destination. I am trying to forgive you and me. I am trying to show the real Draco. You and your actions are making it kind of hard for me to do so, but I know this: nobody notices your sorrow, your pain. But everyone notices your mistakes.

I won't be a part of that, and that's why I am trying to see your true intentions, and find the human beneath. Not judge you based on your mistakes. I am trying to be different for you. For me.

I hope you are well, and not gone forever. Because I miss the child you were, the innocent little boy who meant no harm. I know you are still here, and I know I won't lose you. You will always be there to keep me safe. I miss you, little one. I truly do.

Thank you.