Perfect Nightmare

"Luke, are you sure this is a good idea?" I asked for the fifth time.  

We were in my room, sitting on my bed, arguing over Jet Skiing. I thought that after everything that happened last night, he wouldn't want to go. Both he and Eric looked awful. We had been able to get the swelling down on both boys, but they still had horrible purple bruises.  

Luke told his mom that he was staying the night with Ansley to avoid her seeing him, in reality all the boys stayed with us. After everyone had calmed down, we just laid around and watched movies. The events of the day had become a taboo subject that everyone wanted to avoid.  

"Sam, everyone is high strung, we all need this." He sighed. "I want another day with my girlfriend that ends well, like after the river. I just want to enjoy a day with you." 

"What are you going to tell your uncle?" I asked. I couldn't bring myself to tell him no, he was so cute when he pouted. 

"That my girlfriend beats me up," He smiled.  

"Ha, you're funny. Seriously, I don't think Dom and Tanner are just gonna stop," I sighed, "You punched both of them, you're like a common enemy, and nothing brings two people together more than the hatred of a third party." Not to mention that they were friends already.  

"Sam, we will deal with them tomorrow." Luke didn't leave any room for argument, and to be honest I wasn't really arguing that hard. I just didn't feel right going out and having a good time while two crazy drug dealers where probably planning our deaths. 

Poor Eric would have got shit either way. I knew Tanner would act like that the first time he caught Vanessa out with someone new. Once Dom and Tanner talk, they will both realize that they are dealing with the same group of people. Then, we will all have to deal with them. I wasn't really looking forward to that.  

I finally pulled myself off the bed, after Luke left the room, and got myself ready. What kind of girlfriend would I be if I didn't give him a good day? He had already done so much for me, so even though I felt like a gray cloud was hanging over us, I would give him his day.  

Vanessa walked into my room and handed me a lit joint. "Eric's face looks horrible," she pouted as she plopped herself down on my bed. "Seriously, it may not be swollen, but it's purple and yellow." 

"I know," I sighed, "It's the same with Luke." 

"Would you two stop," Selene said, entering the room and stealing the joint from me. I hadn't even taken a hit off of it yet. "The boys are over it, so you two should follow their lead." 

"Easy for you to say," Vanessa snorted. 

"Yeah, your man is fine," I concluded.  

"Just stop, I heard Luke and I agree. We all need one day to just relax. No worrying about Casey, Dom, or Tanner. I want to have fun and if you two don't get your shit together I'll beat you myself." Selene stomped out of the room, taking our joint with her.  

Vanessa rolled her eyes at Selene's retreated back as she climbed off my bed. She came over to me and looped her arm in mine and then led us out. Together we agreed to behave, no mention of anything bad that had happened recently. They could have today, but tomorrow was a whole other story.  

____________ ____________ _____________

It took us about an hour to make it to the lake. The trip was actually very pleasant once everyone relaxed. Even though two of the boys had just been in some serious fights, neither one of them acted as such. The only way you could tell was by their faces, which weren't nearly as bad as the day before. Luke and Eric had no idea what they would say about the bruises, but they didn't seem too worried about it.