28. Eros - 3: Valentines Ball Part 2 (CGD)

We're going back in time with this one. This takes place during the Valentine's Ball Part 2 in Cupid's Granddaughter, chapter 26.
____________________________________________________________

The party was kicked off. The gods and goddesses seemed to be enjoying themselves. There was a present hue of pink, red, and white in the room. Eros stood at the head of the room overlooking the crowd. He could see everything from his spot. He was surveying the whole room.

“Eros,” Psyche called grabbing at his sleeve. “How long do we have to stand here?”

Eros looked down at his wife with a smile. “I'm sorry, my dear. Why don't you go on and mingle?”

“It's Valentine's Day,” she said with a pout.

“Not quite yet,” Eros pointed out with a knowing smile. “And even so, love never takes a day off.”

“You're so stubborn,” Psyche muttered under her breath.

Eros leaned over and quickly gave her a soft kiss on her cheek. Psyche responded with an annoyed roll of her eyes.

“I'll be done shortly,” Eros promised. “Then we can continue this party back home.”

“Hmpf,” Psyche mumbled pulling away from her husband. “I'm going to mingle then while you tend to your love business.”

“Thank you, dear!”

“Uh-huh.”

Psyche walked off and disappeared into the crowd. Eros followed her with her eyes until she was lost along in the sea of warm colors. Eros then moved his eyes to the middle of the room where his granddaughter was having quite the scene. She was surrounded by all the men that Eros had arranged for her to be set up with, one way or another. Yes it was all a set up, even this moment now. All the guys were in on whole arrangement, except for one, the only one who mattered.

And he was here with a date of his own, that Peyton felt was right for him because her genetics were oblivious to what was right in front of her. Yet, that was why Eros was here, to make sure everything was set right.

Cilix was the star tonight though and he was thoroughly playing his part. He dragged Peyton away from the group of guys trying to get her attention. Peyton was successfully occupied and it was Eros's chance to move into place.

Nate went off to get some refreshments leaving his date where he had left her, alone. She was off to the side watching the crowd of unfamiliar faces while her date was blatantly ignoring her in an attempt to talk to Peyton.

Eros left his spot and approached her carefully with a warming smile on his face.

“Lily, isn't it?”

The girl, who had lightly tinted red hair, nodded quickly. She was happy to finally have someone to talk to.

“Lovely dress,” Eros complimented. “White really suits you.”

“Thank you,” Lily muttered with a blush.

“My name is Eros,” he introduced while holding out a hand. Lily's eyes widened at the mention of the name.

“Cupid?”

Eros chuckled. “Yes, it's always nice to meet some of Peyton's friends.”

“Oh, I don't believe we are friends.” 

“No? Well isn't that why she invited you personally?”

Lily didn't seem to have an easy reply. “I didn't know that she did.”