Memorable Times

'The worst things in life come free to us'

I hummed along to 'The A Team' in my head in hopes of making the experiment with this bitch at least a bit more tolerable.

The class fell silent as we heard three solid knocks on the door.

We all knew who it was, Mr Blackford, head of science and overall the most horrid teacher you could ever have, even teachers were terrified of him.

His signature knock was recognised across the school.

He entered without even being given permission and cleared his throat, usually meaning we were in for a huge lecture.

I wonder what it's about this time.

"Britney and Millie stand up please."

I watched both girls hesitate as they got up from their chairs, fear evident on both their faces, though Britney did a good job of hiding it.

Im pretty sure she had the make up to thank for that though.

"I will be borrowing these two ladies for the rest of the lesson, if that's okay with you."

He directed the question at our teacher, though it wasn't exactly a question, more like a statement.

"Yes of course sir, you two will have to come back one break time and work together to do it so you can catch up with the rest of your class."

He replied immediately as we heard the door slam shut behind all three of them before he even finished talking.

"Okay we will carry on, Summer and Austin you two pair up seeing us your partners aren't with us anymore."

My heart dropped again for the third time this lesson, I looked over at Austin and watched him perk up as his lips formed a smirk.

Fuck.

Why does he have to be attractive?

Seeing him smiling about being partnered up made me feel so bad about ignoring him, and it would make it 10x more awkward if he realised and decides to ask me why, what would I say?

Oh yeah, I like you and I want to get over you before my crush gets worse, so sorry I'm not going to talk to you because you're hot?

Yep, that would go down smoothly.

I heard his footsteps as he walked around to the table me and Britney were working on and casually sat down on her chair.

"So who goes first then?" He spoke, breaking the silence we were in previously.

"I don't mind, you choose." I replied trying to sound casual, I never had a problem with acids but I suddenly felt all girly and icky inside.

Seriously fuck feelings.

"Okay then, rock paper scissors?" Austin finally said after he couldn't make a choice, it seemed like a reasonable and fair idea I guess, why not.

"It's on." I smirked, I always won in this game ever since I was little and it pissed Cam off because he would lose every single time.

"Okay, Rock. Paper. Scissors."

My hands clenched into a fist as I knew Austin would be a scissors kind of person.

Much to my disappointment, I looked up to see him smirking successfully with his hands formed into a paper.

He did the whole primary, paper swallowing up the rock thing, his warm hands on mine sent tingles up my spine and we both fell about laughing.

"Guess it's me then." I said after finishing laughing.

"Austin and Summer, I do hope you're getting the work done, remember you won't be working in groups again and you'll ruin it for the whole class."

I saw Cam nodding, telling me he agreed with the teacher as he winked at me teasingly.

I felt the whole class's eyes on us and even a few 'ooo's making me cringe before going back to talking between themselves.

My eyes traveled back to Austin's and a laugh escaped my lips when we rolled our eyes simultaneously at what the teacher said.

"Austin and Summer, I do hope you're getting the work done." Austin imitated in a grumpy voice which made me burst out into laughter again.

I reached out and put the safety goggles on.

I hated them so much, I mean I don't really care what I look like for school half the time but working with your crush and looking like a twat isn't anyone's goals in life.

The worst thing was the mark the goggles leave on your face from being too right and having to tie my hair up, making me look like a boy.

Yeah, science experiments didn't flatter my non-existent beauty to say the least.

"Look how cute those goggles look on you, that florescent orange strap really brings out your eyes." Austin joked.

"Shut up, like you look any better." I replied as well as 'gently' shoving his shoulder.

"Excuse me, in case you didn't know, these are the latest Rayban design and I happen to pull them off perfectly." He smirked, clearly proud of his comeback.

"Not quite Rayban level babe, maybe a little more like Poundland standard, sorry to burst your bubble." I smiled back.

"Hmm, I think we should ask sir who wears them better, I'm sure he'd side with his 'favourite' student." Austin said as we both turned to the teacher who's eyes were fixed on us, giving us an unimpressed look which made us both laugh out loud.

"Right okay, time to get this done so he doesn't have an excuse to moan at us." I said after recovering from yet again another embarrassing giggle.

I reached out to grab the beaker of hydrochloric acid but my hands were met with the soft touch of his fingertips, I realised he'd reached for it too.

I smiled at him and the sparkle in his eye made me giggle in a girly matter, something I never do.

Stop being such an idiot.

His face formed a stupid expression making me burst into laughter and I found myself soon being joined by him as sir gave us a disapproving look and shook his head.

********

The lesson flew past and I had to physically hold my cheeks to stop the pain from smiling too much.

I felt so comfortable around him but at the same time so fuzzy and giggly inside.

We got shouted at by sir so many times, he realised eventually that it wasn't working and gave up completely seeing as the pairs were too far into their experiments to split us up, which was a relief.

That put me in a good mood for the whole day, I made a new record of walking into Maths smiling, something that never happened before.

You could even call it a miracle because if you are happy with two hours of maths in a row, you should seriously go and get help.

The rest of the day went by way too quickly and before I knew it I was walking home with the biggest smile on my face.

Oh Austin Blake, you have no clue how happy you make me.

********

(A/N)

2k reads whattt?? Tysm guys it's amazing I love you all so much, s/o to all the people that comment and consistently tell me what they think, it means the world ily<3

I'm really sorry for the short chapter, I had to write it quickly because I discovered I had an English essay due tomorrow:(

I promise I'll make it up by either a really long chapter next time or a sooner update:)

Please don't forget to vote and comment what you think it helps me so much! Also, what do you guys think of these cute Austin/Summer moments? Do you want some more or are you not shipping it?

Also, any improvements are so appreciated, it helps me so much with writing future chapters.