Dresses And Disappointments

'If I showed you my flaws, if I couldn't be strong. Tell me honestly, would you still love me the same?'

The familiar song played as I entered the huge fitting areas.

The changing rooms in New Look weren't half as bad as the others because they actually took care of it, the chandeliers hanging from the ceiling and spotlights made you feel like royalty and the room actually had space in them for you to move around.

There were loads of air fresheners scattered around to mask the horrible smell and they were doing quite a good job of it.

The curtains closed properly and you didn't have to worry about that little gap that never closes so you weren't paranoid about anyone seeing you when walking past.

Though I'm pretty sure that's just me being paranoid but hey, you can't be too careful.

We made our way to the changing rooms and there was a seat placed right next to them, presumably for the poor men waiting for their ladies to get changed.

I mean it's not even a stereotype anymore, girls take a while to get change but who can blame them?

They complain when we take too long to get ready but then expect us to look perfect in like five minutes.

I'll never fully understand the male species.

Austin sat down as if on cue and handed me the first six dresses, there were about 11 in total but the stupid changing room rules only let you take in a maximum of 6.

The woman at the desk handed me a pointless black card with the number 6 on it.

"Second room on the left, shout for me if you need any help," she said with a simple smile.

"Hurry up, make sure you come out to show me." I heard Austin shout from behind me as I turned around and rolled my eyes at him.

The woman at the desk winked at me and laughed, she gets me.

The first dress was tight in all the wrong places so I didn't even bother showing Austin knowing he'd make some stupid comment so I moved onto the next one.

One down, ten to go.

The next one was really nice I must admit, though obviously I didn't tell him as I was really getting worried about that boy's currently increasing ego.

The dress was a royal blue and complimented my olive skin nicely, it emphasised my curves but made my waist look that tiny bit smaller which was always a bonus, I made sure it looked half decent before making my way to show Austin.

The idiot was obviously too busy looking at his phone to notice I was done so I had to hiss to get his attention which didn't go very smoothly because some spit decided to join along with the noise and it wasn't pleasant.

"Gee say it, don't spray it." he said laughing before looking me up and down.

Now that's something I never thought I'd find myself saying.

Austin Blake looked me up and down.

His eyes widened now that he'd looked at me properly and wasn't too busy focussing his attention on the extra saliva spraying out my mouth.

"Oh my God, look at your boobs in that!" was the first thing that came out of his mouth.

I moved closer and shoved his shoulder in annoyance at the fact that he just stared at my boobs instead of giving a valid opinion.

I rolled my eyes at him in annoyance and turned around dramatically attempting to storm back into the changing room and it was all going so well until I heard Austin shout something behind me.