Chapter 3

I can't believe it.
I actually made it.

This is my new home.

Flashing lights, moving cars. It's the most beautiful sight I've ever seen! I drag my luggage, walk away from the plane and turn around to face my new home. As I was gazing the beautiful view I was interrupted by the sound of a car honking.

I jump at the sound and turn to the car that honked at me. Turns out I had just walked into the middle of the road without even noticing. I guess the view was just too amazing for me to notice. Realizing I had caused so much traffic, I ran back into the sidewalk and pretended like nothing happened.

I could hear the people passing by laughing at me and I felt like such an embarrassment.

"You idiot! This is why no one liked you back home and this is why you have no friends because you're such a disappointment, a disgusting mistake! How do you expect to make life here if you already fucked up your first day?!" I thought to myself.

And the truth is....I am right. How do I expect to live here when I am a nobody. How will I get by? Who is going to support me? I'm on my own now.

Great.

I don't know what to do. I have no money to rent a hotel or to buy food or to do anything. What am I going to do?? Wait! maybe if I use google maps I can find myself a place to stay for free.

I get out my phone an-what? What the fuck is this!??? No wifi!? Is this really happening? God out of all the things!!!! Well I mean I guess this is good you know. I can save more battery. But that's not the point! Now how will I look for a place to stay? And by the way it's freezing out here not to mention I forgot my gloves and I get cold very easily.

I was still walking and since I couldn't do anything on my phone I decided to turn it off since I have no wifi and no one calls me anyways so I put it in my pocket. As I was putting my phone in my pocket I accidentally bumped into someone making me drop my phone onto the hard concrete floor of the sidewalk.

"Nononononononono!!!! God not my phone! Hey watch where your going buddy!!! My phone better not me broken when I flip it over!!!!!" I was freaking out because my phone was so important to me right now. It was my life. It was the only thing that kept me occupied.

I bent down to grab my phone and felt a rush of relief when I saw that it wasn't broken.

"Are you okay? I'm so sorry for bumping in to you I guess I should be looking where I'm going next time. You see I just arrived here to my hometown to visit my family and I-"

The voice that was talking to me. It was sweet but raspy. I was intrigued by it.

I looked up to see this very attractive looking guy that was talking to me. He was really tall compared to my short ass. He was tan and was wearing a beanie and he was kiwi looking. My oh my was he cute. Wait this all seems familiar. He looked similar to the guy in the dream I had on the plane even though his face wasn't visible in the dream. I just stared into his beautiful brown eyes when he snapped his fingers in my face which snapped me back to reality.

"Um hello??? Uh are you ok? Oh geez I forgot to introduce myself. The name's Calum and you are?" Calum said while holding out his hand for me to shake.

"Oh uh my name is Blanca" I say nervously shaking his hand.

"Are you nervous? No need to be nervous beautiful" he said while smiling like an idiot.

"Wait did you just call me beautiful?" I asked shocked. I mean who can blame me. No one has ever called me beautiful before.

"Don't blame a guy for telling the truth" he chuckles.

Now I blushed like crazy and he seemed to notice because his smile got even bigger.

"Well Calum thank you for that compliment but I really should be going now. I just got here as well and I have no place to stay so I need to look for somewhere." I say grabbing my luggage.

He looked upset but then and idea came to his head. "Wait! You can stay at my place. Oh man that sounded creepy. Look I know we just met and all but it's just a suggestion. You don't have to if you don't want to. I'm sharing a flat with my three pals if you don't mind." Calum tells me.

I was a little skeptical at first considering I just met Calum and I have no idea who he is but I mean I'd rather stay at his place then to sleep outside in the cold so I tell him "That sounds great Calum thank you. No one has ever been this nice to me but will your friends mind me being there?"

"Trust me Blanca they won't. Now c'mon! It's getting cold" Calum says as he grabs my hand and takes me to his flat.