Chapter 12

BANG!

A hole appeared in the cartoon man's head. An instant kill. I fired more bullets, killing the target over and over and over again. I stood up and saw Andrew sprawl on the ground and shoot at the target. I looked over at Oliver who was keeping score. After Andrew was done, Oliver looked at the sheet of paper in his hands.

"Novia wins," he said, "Like always." I smiled and looked down at Andrew.

"How does that work?" he cried, "After at least ten rounds, I have to win one. But nooo she wins all of them." I laughed.

"I just have better genetics," I teased.

"You don't even know all of what's in you!"

"So, I still have better genetics than you."

"Come on, hand-to-hand combat!" I sighed.

"I'll beat you at that too." He lunged at me and grabbed me in a bear hug. I spread my legs open and grabbed his ankle. I yanked up and Andrew fell back. I turned around.

"Happy now?" I asked. He scowled.

"I have to beat you at something." We tried every form of combat and weaponry. The only thing he beat me in was sneaking up on each other.

"You're like a freaking elephant back there," Andrew teased.

"Actually, elephants are pretty quiet, so thank you."

"Fine, you sound like nuclear bombs going off."

"Gee, thanks, Andrew." Oliver laughed at us arguing.

"If only you two grew up with each other," he sighed. It struck a nerve for Andrew, I could smell it.

"I'm going to look at our supplies," Andrew said. He walked away towards the dome.

"Was it something I said?" Oliver asked.

"Unfortunately," I said. I jogged after Andrew.

"You okay?" I asked. Andrew nodded.

"I'm fine."

"I'm getting hungry, let's get lunch," I said. His face lit up. Andrew loved making food, especially if he could eat it afterward. We raced towards the dome, scaring some animals as we burst through laughing.