Chapter Seven

Riley and I walked around the mall until she pulled me into a store. She giggled as she ran around grabbing things off of the hangers. I sighed and slowly walked around the store looking at the clothes.

"She's hot though."

I looked behind me and saw Lucas and some of his friends walking into the store laughing. Shit. I looked for Riley, but I couldn't see her. I ran behind the rack before Lucas could see me.

"Dude, she's friends with Riley and Farkle."

Are they talking about me?

"Yeah, but she's hot! She should sit with us at lunch."

"No."

"Lucas, why don't you like her?"

Why is Lucas at a girl's clothing store?

"Shut up and look for the dress my sister wanted." Lucas snapped

I heard some guys chuckling and then they all started moving around the store. I heard Lucas sigh and move closer to the rack I'm hiding behind. Oh crap.

"Maya? Maya?! Where are you?!"

Riley, really? She came running over to me and grabbed me from behind, pulling me away from the rack.

"I got this super cute top for you! Come on, there's a cute skirt over there!"

I quickly looked over to see Lucas give me a weird look and I instantly turned right back to Riley.

"Riles, I don't want to wear a skirt."

She crossed her arms while holding the shirt in one hand.

"You like my uncle Josh, right?" She asked

I could hear Lucas scoff and I rolled my eyes. He's so annoying!

"I just met him."

"But you like him."

"I kinda do-"

"Okay, so let's go get that skirt!"

She grabbed my arm not noticing Lucas and pulled me over to wear the skirts are. She squealed and grabbed the dark pink skirt.

"Cute right?" She asked holding it up

I nodded and she happily ran over to the cash register. Yay! I want to eat. I turned around and bumped into someone.

"Ooooooh hey Maya."

I looked up at a hot, athletic looking guy. I think he came in here with Lucas. Is he the one who said I'm hot?

"Uh hey."

"You just moved to New York right?"

"Yeah."

He moved closer to me and put his arm behind me as I was pushed against the table with the shorts on it.

"You know, I'd totally love to show you around. Maybe I could even show you-"

"Mikey, shut up and step away from Maya."

Lucas had his arms crossed as he walked over to us.

"Lucas! I found the dress your sister wanted! Annnnnnd, I found this hottie." Mikey said smirking at me

Lucas rolled his eyes and took the dress Mikey was holding from his hands. He looked over at me.

"Mikey, go find Brandon."

Mikey rolled his eyes and winked at me before running off. Lucas groaned at him and then looked at me.

"What are you doing here?" He asked