[R] 10 | Swimming Pools [R]

Jordin's POV

After the shit Kendrick pulled the other night, I don't even know why I still agreed to go pick him up from his detention.

His ass never should have got it in the first place. He knows we're graduating in a few weeks and having a detention on your record isn't good. But I guess it's his life, he can do what he want.

I'm tired of caring for him and always on him like I'm his mom - because I'm not. He already has a mom for that, and it seems like he doesn't need me to be another one.

Every time I try to help him out he pushes me aside and never listens, but when something happens, he realizes that I was right all along.

The song 3 Wishes by J. Cole came on Pandora as I was pulling into the school parking lot. My phone was plugged up to the radio, because the radio played nothing but the same songs over again. Am I the only one who hated that? I just heard this song five minutes ago, so why the fuck would I want to hear it again?

I shook my head, clearing my thoughts.

As soon as I pulled up, Kendrick was standing on the curb into a game on his phone. He still didn't seem to notice that I had pulled up, so I waited to see how long it would take him. After about five more minutes, he looked up and did a double take. The look on his face was priceless when he noticed I was sitting there in front of him.

"How long have you been sitting there?" he yelled quickly approaching the car.

"For like five minutes. Maybe if you wasn't so into that game you would have saw me," I joked once he got inside the car.

"What ever man," he replied as he gave me a peck on the lips. "Thanks for picking me up."

I rolled my eyes as I started the car back up and pulled away from the school. "Can I ask you something?"

"Wassup?"

"Can we talk about last night?"

He looked up from his phone and looked at me as I raised my eyebrow.

"I was upset alright? My temper gets the best of me sometimes. Sorry Jo."

"It's okay. It just sort of scared me. I never seen you that mad before. You almost killed him!"

"Well he never should have been on you. Simple as that. He didn't do anything to you did he?"

"No. You came in before he did."

"Good. Wait - why was he over there at that time of night anyways?" he asked me as he placed his phone away in his pocket.

"I told you the door would be unlocked remember? I thought he was you. When he came in, it was too late. I'm sorry." I said to him as I looked into his eyes.

We had stopped at a red light.

"It's cool. It's something I have to tell you too," he said as his tone got serious.

"If it's bad I don't even want to know Kendrick," I stated with a roll of my eyes.

"Just listen please."

"What?"

"Sherane was at the movies last night. She walked into the bathroom when I went, and she came on to me. I declined her of course, and then that's when I called you to see if I could come over - to tell you. But when I found Jason on top of you, I felt like it was equal, so I just left without saying anything. I was just mad at the time."

I couldn't even believe the words that just came out of his mouth. Sherane? That bitch was still trying? She's really testing me. What was that bitch doing at the movies with him anyways? One thing I could say though - is that Kendrick was truthful.