Chapter 10

*Halloween special*
--------------------------
(A/N I know it's very late but enjoy anyway)

Amelia's Pov
I was never bullied in school, not because I was insanely popular, more because I was like the class clown. People knew me to be quite laid back, they would come to me for advice, because I wasn't too serious and controlling. So I wasn't hated much.

I came from a sheltered, protective family, who would not hesitate to protect me if I was in any danger.

But they aren't here for me right now.

I am all alone, with a monster.

Once I was done with sweeping up the glass from the floor again, I rushed to throw it in the bin, in the fear that Niall may return and do much worse to me. My leg was still in pain but I had to suck it up.

He wanted me upstairs for my 'punishment' but I haven't heard a sound from him at all,  he has forgotten all about it. Although, I doubt he would since it wasn't long ago when he told me.

Every bone in my body was shaking from how scared I was right now. I started walking towards the staircase and gripped tightly onto the wooden railing, trying to brace myself of what exactly was going to happen.

"Amelia!" Niall called, clearly losing his patients. I quickly yelled back "coming!" Before he would get more frustrated and come down.

I climbed the stairs slowly.

It was dark in the corridor, there was some light but it was quite dimly lit, the only light that entered was the light coming from one of the rooms at the end. All the other room doors were open, but were completely dark. Suddenly there was a loud bang that came from one of the dark rooms.

I felt someone breathing on the back of my neck, making me nervous. Goose bumps started to form on my arms

Lips gently stared to press into the crook of my neck, kissing me.

"N-niall..." I chocked out "I-is that you?"

There was no response. I was beginning to get slightly creeped out.

"Niall!, why won't you say something?" I shouted louder, assuming he may not have heard me the first time.

"Niall! You're such an idiot, I am talking to you and-" i was frustrated and so turned around to come face to face with him, but when I did, there was nobody there.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, I could have sworn someone was behind me. I felt them there...I touched my neck to make sure I was feeling ok. Maybe I just imagined it.

I shook off any thoughts and began to walk forward once again, this time I was walking faster.

I have never been scared of the dark but in this house, I completely understand the people who are, the house itself resembles an old haunted house when there isn't much light. I think the fear mostly comes from not knowing if there is anybody lurking in the shadows.

I began to feel even more conscious now, looking all around. I could hear faint clattering sounds in the distance.

I ran to the room with the light on, the light wasn't that bright either, but it wasn't as dark as the corridor.