chapter 7

I arrived at home.

My mother asks "What do you think you're doing in the middle if the morning?" I said "I'm sorry mom. A....um.... a thing told me to follow it." "That's not an excuse to go out without permission!" "Look, he's right here, talk to him." My mother stares at me like I'm joking. "Exactly where is this 'thing'?" I replied, "he's over here, mom. See?" "No, I do not." I didn't understand. He was there. Was dad right? Could other's not see him? Oh right. I told my mother "mom! Daddy's..." nibaT stopped me. I didn't think he could physically do stuff to me, because other's couldn't see him. He said "you can't tell mother about it!" I said "but why?" He said "she'll never believe you. She must not know." I said "but this is my mother. She needs to know." At that moment my mom said "I think this war stuff is getting to your head. I'm taking you to a psychiatrist."

The psychiatrist seemed cool. He said he did lots of 'kid' things in his free time. I told him about everything, nibaT, my father, and the site. It was good that I had a person to talk to about it. He said "isn't your father Christopher? Christopher Livingston?" I said "yes, yes he is." He said that he actually believes me, but he had to tell my mother. This melted me. My mother flipped. "TABIN IS ACTING WRONG! IM TAKING HIM TO A MENTAL HOSPITAL!" These words melted me even more.