chapter 9

<Tabin> today is the day my mom sends me off to a mental hospital. What's wrong with her?

I couldn't believe today was the day. Me, a nine year old, going to a mental hospital. Why? I would miss everyone the moment I entered. And, indeed, I did.
The hospital was a very old place. The walls cracking, water leaking. Almost like the places in movies. Except this was real. As I entered, a person greeted me with fake happiness. "Hello! Welcome to Steelville hospital for the mentally ill!". Mother said, "I am here to drop off this kid." "A kid?" "Yes, he has gone weird ever since the war. He is making up lies and has a 'friend' named nibaT" "ok, we have plenty of kids in our hospital." The person took me up to a cage, almost like a prison cell, but worse. "Here's where you'll be staying", the person said. I couldn't help myself, so I said "ugh. It's disgusting." After a short introduction to the place, the person and my mother had a quick talk while I was in my cage. This was torture at it's worst. Of course, when they were done talking, it was late, so I had to stay in my cage. I wanted to get out. At that moment I saw nibaT. He walked towards me. I said "hey! You have to help me" He said "listen, I found out why I need you so much." "Why?" "Because Christopher was my father, nobody knew but your mother." "So she knew all along?" "No, she says she didn't remember." "How do know this?" "Because the government is watching her." This shocked me. Why was the government watching my mother? I told nibaT I was going to call it a night and fell asleep.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The next morning, I was told there was a guest at my door. But first the staff asked my what problems I had. I had to think like mother and say that I had hallucinations. They told me that was no cure for hallucinations, so they will just give me a weekly therapy lesson. I said that's fine, they gave me privacy, and I opened the door. It was my dad. "Dad! What are you doing here?" I said. He told me he was here to tell me something important. "What?" I said, excited and worried to hear another juicy secret. He said "do you know why we're fighting?" I said "no, I've been wanting to know but mom never told me" He said "mom never told you because the government didn't want you to know." "Why didn't they?" I said, curiously. "Because they're fighting themselves." To be honest, that sounded like the stupidest thing ever. "They wanted to destroy society so that they can build an even more unfair government. That's where you came in. The government knew that if I can see nibaT, you can. Mommy wanted to take you here so that you can't stop them. The government even offered to pay her." I was furious at everyone. Mother, the government, even the hospital staff. I didn't understand what happened at that moment, but all I heard were sirens. Sirens everywhere.