chapter 8

<The psychiatrist> today's appointment was weird.

"Hello, I am here for my appointment.", a mother said. I looked at my list to see who I had at 4:35. It was a kid named Tabin Livingston. If course he would need therapy. His father died. I said, "bring him in." A kid walked in. He had brown hair and he was just nine. "Hello!" I said. "What's wrong with you?" I tried to say it in the nicest tone no Tabin knew I wasn't being mean. He told me "I've met a thing named nibaT. He showed me that my father was alive." "What do you mean?" I said, for his father was dead. Of course, just to make sure, I asked if his was Christopher. And, indeed, it it was. "Well, Tabin, there have been lots of people who faked deaths, and one of them could be your father." He said, "I know dad... I mean Christopher, is still alive. I saw him." I checked my watch for time. It was 4:45, which meant I had another kid at this moment. "Well, you have to go. I'm sorry we didn't have much time." As me and Tabin came out, the mother asked, "how is my son? What did he tell you?" So I told her what he told me, because I had to. The mother didn't take it good. She started to yell at Tabin. "LISTEN, DAD IS DEAD! D-E-A-D!" She started to cry. I said "well, little kids have a big imagination." "But this is not normal!" She said, lowering her tone by the littlest bit. I said "he told me a kid, no, I mean thing, named nibaT, told him." She yelled (once again), "I TOLD YOU! NIBAT ISN'T REAL!" "Yes he is", Tabin protested. He was strong for a nine year old. "THIS IS NOT NORMAL FOR TABIN! I AM TAKING HIM TO A MENTAL HOSPITAL!" "But isn't that kind of, harsh?" I said. "WELL, ITS NOT OF YOUR NINE YEAR OLD KID IS TELLING HIS MOTHER LIES! ALL BECAUSE OF HIM AND 'NIBAT'!" I knew that it wasn't Tabin who needed help. It was the mother.