chapter 10 (the finale)

Just one second later

As the sirens were making sounds, 3 security guards came for me. They were very strong, so I didn't try to resist. They took me to my cage. Ugh, the torture. As they dropped me off, they watched me.... and watched..... and watched. It took a long time, probably 6 hours, before they left. I was so hungry. I was so thirsty. This was not the right way to treat anyone, let alone a kid. Dad came for me. "Are you okay?" He said. "I am fine, just hungry." I said. He helped to open the cage door. The alarms rang again, so we made a run for it. The security was on the 2nd floor, so we had enough time to escape. We heard the loudspeaker. "Could everyone go find Christopher and Tabin Livingston?" Was heard in the meanest tone possible. We ran for quite some time before someone found us. It was my mother. "Christopher, you're still..... alive? I am so sorry, Tabin." Mother said. "What did the government do to me?" Me and dad told mom about everything. But by the time we were finally reunited, it was too late. The loudspeakers played again. "Hello! How's it been? We have guards everywhere. Now YOU ARE GOING TO LISTEN TO ME. FINALLY I HAVE A COUNTRY, A PLACE, TO RULE. NOW REBUILD THIS CITY, SLAVES!!" That word terrified me. Slaves.