Chapter Three

Sebastian Pontrov's POV

I GROANED in annoyance as my royal adviser kept on reminding me about things that need to be done. He kept on babbling about how should a prince behave, how should a price walk, how should a prince talk, how should a prince eat, how should a price dress, basically everything! I will not be surprised if he said there is also a rule on how a prince should poop.

"... also, you have to lift your legs, and it should be in a 90 degree angle-Prince Sebastian! Are you listening to me?"

I snapped out of my thoughts and faced Uly, the adviser, with the most bored face I could ever muster, hoping he would get the hint and that he might dismiss me early today. "What?" I asked him, with a voice matching my face.

"Your highness, you should listen to me. These lessons that I am teaching you is really important. Your coronation as a king will be in few months." He said sternly, his old, wrinkly forehead frowned in annoyance.

I rolled my eyes and heaved a very long sigh. "You know that I won't be crowned king unless I find my mate right?"

"Yes, that is true. But you will be turning eighteen tomorrow, which means that you will find your mate in no time."

"Well... since it's my birthday tomorrow, why don't you dismiss me early? You know, as gift?" I asked him, standing up, and making my way to the door.

"Absolutely not, your highness. The king, specifically said that you will have your school today!"

"I will be king in a few months, so... BYE!"

With that, I bolted out of the room, grabbing some fruits as I pass, and stuffing them in the tote bag that I have and made my way to castle's gate, and into the city. I heard my adviser kept on shouting my name but I ignored it.

My name is Sebastian Pontrov, second son and heir to the throne. And I am a werewolf. An alpha price to be exact.

Yes. We do exist. And so are vampires, fae folks, and witches. You might not see us because we live on an island away from the encounters of men. You may call us in general, dwellers. Our world is ruled by monarchy. There are kings and queens in every kindred. But, there is still someone, or rather something that is higher than the monarchs. And that is the Council.

The Council is the heart of our world. But it don't really associate among us, except for some disputes among kindred and coronations of new leaders. The Council have three members. The Councilors are not dwellers, but rather an immortal creatures. Their lineage, where they come from, or how old are they are pretty much unknown to all the dwellers. All we know is that they are extremely powerful and that the three are the last of their kind. And I heard that they will be going to my coronation.

Being a prince of werewolves is the very opposite of what you might have guessed. Being a prince is not a blessing, but to me is a curse. I mean, who wants to wake up at seven in the morning so that you can have a 'royal breakfast' with your family? Who wants to have a rule book of complete steps on how a prince should do things? Who wants to attend all of the balls and parties, and being forced to socialize with the people you do not even know? Sometimes, I really wish I was born as normal person.

I have another brother named Valentine. He's four years older than me. He was supposed to be the heir to the throne and not me. But sadly, he turned rouge. Val and I are very close to each other when we were kids. We are inseparable. Val is the adventurous type from the two of us while I am the shy one who prefers the comfort of safe places. Like my room. He would be the one to take me to strange places outside the kingdom walls. Me, being a scaredy cat and a wimp, I would cry and pee in my pants. But that was when I was a kid. Things have changed.