A New Start

Elena

I walked home as slow as I could. Part of me wished I didn't have to walk home. The other part wished I didn't have to go home. There was no excitement in this walk. I wasn't looking forward to getting back to whatever you would call my living situation. Therefore, I walked because that would be less time I would have to spend with the memories. Those constant memories that continually haunt me and remind me of the pain I suffered all that time.

I guess you could say I was having a bad day. First, my hairdresser cut my hair shorter than I wanted. An inch means an inch. Second, I just found out my best friend is moving to another state. Mystic Falls, Virginia isn't the ideal place to live, but it's not that bad. Now to top it all off, I just found out that I failed my midterm which means that I have to retake this semester all over again. Life certainly isn't going my way right now.

I stopped at a street light with my bags in my hand. They were heavy, but it was nothing I couldn't handle. It beat driving, besides, I could use some exercise to clear my mind. Driving would make me get home faster anyways. I could see the pedestrian sign counting down numbers. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 the walk signal popped up.

I stepped onto the street as I started walking to the other side. As soon as I stepped out, a car came up and nearly hit me. I could hear the car slam on it's brakes making a screeching noise that pierced my ears. Though the noise couldn't be compared to the fear running through my veins or my heart across the street. The car stopped an inch away from me. I could feel the heat from the front of the car radiating on my body. Though, just like the noise, it couldn't be compared. The heat of the car was nothing compared to the heat I was currently feeling. Now, this topped the list for my bad day blues. 

The driver held down his horn as I held up my finger of righteousness. I could see a man starting to open his door. He looked extremely angry as he slammed it shut with all force. The man stepped out revealing his beautiful figure. He had short, dirty blonde hair and a beautiful face. He looked over six foot tall, and his body looked sexy, but it was covered by a layer of clothes I would have loved to take off. All of his features were nice, but his eyes stood out to me the most. I stared into his emerald green eyes. They were the most beautiful eyes I'd ever seen. If I wasn't in such a mood, he could probably get me to apologize to him even though it was clearly his fault.

"Are you okay?" He asked yelling.

"I'm fine," I said snapping back into reality. He glared at me. If looks could kill....

"Not you! You almost hit my car!" The man said. He started inspecting the front of his car. It was pretty funny how protective this man was over his car, but I glanced over and saw how beautiful it was. It was a 1967 Chevy Impala. If I were him, I'd be proud of that too. I'm proud at the fact that it almost hit me. If I were to be hit by a car, I'd want it to be this. He kept waving his hands in front of me to see if I was alive. I swatted his hand away and gave him a dirty look.

"What the hell is your problem?" I asked him.

"You almost hit my car!" He yelled.

"No, your stupid car almost hit me!" I saw him gasp and get even angrier. I swear fire exited his ears.

"Stupid car? Look lady, I don't know who you think you are, but this car is..." He started talking.

"I know, a 1967 Chevy Impala. I'm not stupid. I love cars. You, however, are you stupid? You almost killed me!" I yelled at him.

"You almost dented baby!" He yelled back. I smiled inside at how he named his car. It was endearing, but his adorable features were immediately forgotten as I remembered that he almost killed me about a minute ago.