Tacos and Movies

ELENA

I woke up to myself surrounded by something firm and warm. There was an arm around my waist holding me close. I could feel whoever it was breathing slowly on my neck. Realization hit me, and I knew my mystery man in my bed. It was the one and only Dean Winchester.

Dean had comforted me to sleep last night. He wiped my tears and kept me safe. For that, I'd be forever grateful.

Silently, I enjoyed the feeling I felt in his embrace. It was warm and comforting. Something about this made me forget about everything.

"Lena?" Dean asked checking to see if I was awake.

"Yes Dean?"

"You're awake."

"I am," I told him.

"How long have you been awake?" He asked me.

"Not long. About ten minutes. What time is it?" I asked. I felt Dean move slightly to check his phone.

"It's almost ten," Dean replied. My eyes opened wide.

"Ten!" I yelled. He mumbled something in my hair. "I haven't slept like that in a while." Dean brushed back some of my hair and continued to hold me.

"I like this," he said. I could hear the grogginess in his voice. Something about that gave me chills. Moments passed of pure silence.

"Thank you Dean," I whispered.

"You have nothing to thank me for. Like I said, I'm always here for you Lena." He kissed the top of my head.

"I know, it's just that, you didn't have to come over and you did."

"What's wrong with that?" He asked.

"Nothing, I'm just wondering why." Our voices remained small whispers that only we could hear due to our proximity. Dean paused trying to find the right thing to say.

"Lena, I care a lot about you, and I feel the need to protect you no matter what it takes." I sat there in silence trying to process what he said. "Look, I'm going to be here for you whether you like it or not. You'll just need to suck it up." He kissed my forehead again and pulled me closer.

"Okay," I said.

"What?" He asked.

"I'll suck it up." I could feel him smiling into my hair.

"Talk to me okay?" I nodded. "I'm always here."

"I know," I smiled and started to fall back asleep.

About an hour passed and I woke up again to the sound of my phone going off. Rolling out of Dean's embrace, I moved to my dresser to grab my phone.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Elena, it's Cas. Where are you?"

"Damn I completely forgot. Would you like to reschedule?" There was a slight pause on the other line.

"No don't worry about it. Come on in whenever you're ready."