Sam's New Girl

ELENA

"You know, you should really think about selling your house," Dean told me as we ate dinner together.

"What? Where would I go?" I asked him. He put down his fork and grabbed my hand.

"Here. I mean it's not like you don't live here already," he explained. I thought about this for a second. He was right. This last year has been a constant nightmare. Selling my house would make me feel closer to the future rather than my past. Besides, I really hated that house.

"I'll do it," I told him. His eyes brightened even more than they already were.

"You'll move in with me?" He asked. I nodded and kissed him. "Lena I love you so much."

I sat back in shock.

"You love me?" I asked him. He smiled and nodded.

"I do," he told me. I paused unaware of what to say next. Yes, I loved him but at this point I didn't know what to say. My tongue was tied once again.

"Dean, I..." I started before his phone started ringing. He sighed and grabbed it from his pocket.

"I'm sorry Lena. It's Sam," he sighed.

"It's okay. Answer it," I told him.

Dean left the room to take the call with his brother. I looked over to the television and saw Friends playing on the screen. Smiling, I thought about Chandler and Monica's love for each other. I felt that way about Dean, though I couldn't tell him. It wasn't the right moment.

Maybe I was being stupid, but it's important to have it be the right moment. I've never been this happy, and I don't know how to explain that to him. He's a man of many words that I can't seem to find in my mind. Everything about him brought me closer in heart.

He walked into the kitchen and sat back down.

"Sorry Lena. What were you saying?" He asked me. I looked at him trying to find the words again. 

"Don't worry about it," I told him. He sighed and grabbed some more food on his fork. "So what'd Sammy want?"

"Well, he's extremely excited for lunch tomorrow," Dean mocked. "Poor girl."

"Shut up," I nudged him. "It's endearing!"

"It's creepy Lena. I've never seen a man so excited to show his girlfriend off to the world." I glared at him half jokingly. "Not that I don't want to show you off to the world!" I laughed and slapped his arm playfully.

"Whatever Dean," I winked. He laughed and pulled me closer for another kiss. "Now why don't we go get ready for bed?"

"Sounds good," I told him. We got up and walked into the room. Everything about our room was perfect. Whether it was the grey walls or the soft light brown carpet, I loved it all. Surprisingly, Dean kept it pretty tidy in here which was quite a relief for me. It's less I'll have to clean when I move in. 

We got in the room and fell asleep instantly. I had to admit one thing, I was tired. Dean had me up at four in the morning because he couldn't find his shoes. Like always, I found them for him. It was like staying with a four year old, but this four year old had green eyes, an amazing body, and smelt incredible.