Chapter 42

Liyah

Today was the day of Joy's six week check up and I wasn't looking forward to my baby crying her heart out. It has also been a whole month since Q and I grew closer together as boyfriend and girlfriend. I was happy that we took the initiative to both step up and be adults for the sake of our daughter. I strapped Joy in the car and got in the passenger's seat and we were headed to the pediatrician. I glanced over at Q and he looked back and smiled. I blushed like a little kid and held his free hand while he continued to drive. "I can't wait to get started on the next kid." Q laughed but was very serious. "Uh nigga please. There won't be any kids anytime soon." I laughed. "Shit it was fun making her so it'll be fun this time too." "Oh nigga bye. Until you can carry a baby for 9 long months and push a baby from your vagina, then we can talk." We both laughed and joked around until my phone rung. Seeing it was private, I knew it was nobody but Dom. I knew his trial was starting soon and I promised him that I would be there for him but I was finally in a good space with Q. I didn't want to fuck anything up. I sent him to voicemail and we pulled into the parking lot. "So who was that Liyah?" I knew he was going to ask that question. "Umm I don't know." He frowned and continued to ask me that same dreadful question. Finally confessing, his frown grew into a scowl. "Liyah, I don't want you talking to that nigga. Nigga murdered somebody and I'll be damned if I lose you or my daughter to that shit." Shocked to what he said, I leaned over and kissed his lips. I was glad that he was taking us serious now. "Okay baby. I won't see him." We exited the car and went into the pediatrician's office. We signed in and went back for Joy's check up. I knew Q meant what he said but I also believed that Dom didn't do this. I didn't want to ruin my blossoming relationship with Q and I wasn't. I felt bad because I promised him that I'd be there for him but my family came first.

Sherane

Today I was going to put in work at the office. I texted Kendrick that I'd be working late and for him to not wait up for me. I had fallen back on my work lately and if I wanted to keep my business, I had to do what I had to do. After taking a break, I began to run on my stomach. I couldn't believe that I was going to be a mommy. I knew Kendrick was excited due to the fact that we've been waiting on a miracle to bless us. "Hey little one, I can't wait to meet you! We have a long way to go but take it easy on me." I kept rubbing my stomach until my eyes laid on the door. I couldn't believe what I was staring at. "Hello Sherane. It's been awhile." My eyes had to be deceiving me. Why was Amber here and what did she want? I made it clear the last time that we were over and I meant that shit. "Amber, why are you here? I told you I wanted nothing to do with you." She laughed and sat in the black suede chair across from my desk. "I know you're in the red with your business. You're going to lose this unless you find an investor." "What are you getting at and that's none of your damn business. When I told you I was done, I meant it." Amber got up, walked over to my side of the desk and walked behind me, wrapping her arms around me. "Come Sherane, you know you are my first love. My everything." She slid her hand in my shirt, massaging my breast. I closed my eyes and sat back while she slid both hands in. Amber kept kissing my neck, which I was weak for. "I can make it worth your while Sherane. Just give me another chance." I bit down on my lip as I felt my shirt being lifted and my bra being unsnapped. When I opened my eyes, I was topless and vulnerable. I pulled Amber down to me and kissed her. I stood up and continued to kiss her soft lips as she cleared my desk laying me down. I felt her in between my legs kissing my thighs and sticking her tongue inside of me. I grabbed her hair making her go deeper until I came. I then laid Amber down returning the favor. In my mind, I knew it was something that I'd take to my grave. I couldn't imagine hurting Kendrick in any type of way. I felt all kinds of fucked up at the end of the day.

Kendrick

I decided that I had to spice up my relationship with Sherane. She had went out her way to make me feel appreciated the other night and it made me fall in love with her even more. I went and prepared her favorite meal and I was going to surprise her at the office since she was working late tonight. I loaded our dinner into the truck and made my way to her. Driving, I got a call from Lucy. "Hello, what's up Lucy?" "Hey Kenny, are you busy tonight?" She sounded bored and alone, but I wanted to be with my wife. "Actually I'm going to meet Sherane tonight." "Oh okay. Well maybe tomorrow then. You guys have a goodnight." "You too Lucy." I hung up and made my way to the office where her car and an unidentified car was in the parking space next to hers. I used the key she gave me to walk in and surprise my wife. I continued to walk down the hall where I heard moaning. I stopped and then sped up my pace finally reaching her office where I seen the most unbelievable shit ever. I saw Sherane and her ex having sex right there. Disappointed, I walked away and got into the car and drove to Lucy's. I reached her in about 20 minutes and banged on her door. When she answered it, I immediately grabbed her and hugged her tight. She didn't say a word, she just grabbed me and hugged me back. She grabbed the sides of my face and looked into my eyes. Her soft voice uttered my name repeatedly. "Kenny, what's wrong?" I shook my head and never answered her. "I just need to be here tonight please." She opened her door and took the bag of food and closed the door. She sat down and I laid my head on her lap while she rubbed my head. This is where I needed to be and I'm glad Lucy was there for me.