Chapter 1: Escape

Chapter 1

Escape 

The black droplets poured from the sky, soaking her from head to toe, her silver hair sticking to her face which she didn't like. Normally, she would appreciate such unusual things but now is not the right time; this thing is making the forest ground muddy which cause it to ruin her boots that she adore. The thunder shook the sky with its roar, the lightning rolled across giving her bright flashes of the way she was going. She didn't need it, but it was nice to have it there.

Just when lightning flashed again, she saw the silhouette of Pryath Peaks-- the highest mountain in this dimension-- and she knew she was getting close. Just a few more feet and she'll be out of this forsaken forest and into an opening straight to the mountain.

She glanced behind her, and to her surprise she saw that her pursuers are just behind a few feet, more than she's comfortable with. They're much faster than the last batch her father sent for her. Every time he sends a group, they're better, faster; she could only imagine what the next one will be. She'll be caught in no time.

She willed her feet to move faster, avoiding things gracefully; jumping over and under them.

A pure blue fire appeared in the girl's hand and with her mind, it easily changed shaped into arrows and shot them to her attackers using a bow made of the same fire, all at once. It hit some of them. The girl laughed, clearly enjoying the chase "Ha! That shall send you back to my father!" She called out in another language, before going faster than before.

She was all battered and bruised but paid no attention to it, they'll be gone soon enough. Her footsteps thudded on the forest floor, followed by her chasers. With all her might, she concentrated her energy into creating a portal to appear close to the mountain, which slowed her down slightly.

The girl shook her head, No! I cannot, and will not, get captured here. Not after all my hard work. With that simple thought, she pushed herself forward until she reached the clearing. She could see the portal she had made already waiting for her at the end, a glowing hole with swirling colors of blue and black.

Excitement flowed through her, pure adrenaline coursing through her veins even if she was tired the anticipation of what'll happen next erased all those thoughts. Her energy was depleted and is lucky enough to out run them. She had fought a dragon, twice the size of what's normal in dragon height, they ran around wild in this dimension like crazy. Just after defeating the creature, she barely got her breath back before they came for her.

Unfortunately, she had also forgotten her pursuers, completely enraptured at what she had made; every time she does it, they all end up different. Once, it was an opening in a crater of a volcano or a whirlpool in the middle of the lake. No matter how many times she's done it, or how long she's been doing it, it never fails to amaze her. Jumping from dimension to dimension, feeling the freedom of it after being hidden away for most of her life. Even if, the punishment would be harsh when she gets caught; it didn't matter. Nothing could stop her.

She turned back, finally realizing she stopped in the middle of the clearing. She placed an invisible barrier to keep them going further. Every time they're hands lands, the barrier ripples. Yet, she knew it wasn't going to last long.

The girl flashed her pursuers a smirk "Well," she said, out of breath "I shall see you next time. I do hope Daddy doesn't chop you to pieces, tell him I said hi!" The creatures smacked on the wall, and yet they got nowhere. She walked slowly to the portal enjoying the terrified look on their faces. Relishing in the moment that they had let their princess get away once again.

The barrier fell down when she stepped in and the portal closed off behind her. She was taken into a swirling darkness, completely unknown to where she would land next. 

~

A/N: And NaNoWriMo starts! Whew! Thank you guys for reading and hope you support this story at the very end. 

I hope you guys like it and tell me what you think, very much appreciated! 

Vote, comment, maybe? 

Thank you!~ 

--Leannexo