Chapter 37

Kylie's P.O.V

I was driving down the long road, following Miguel, it kinda blew my mind that I had a brother in this world, it brought me a sense of comfort that I wasn't alone in this world anymore, there was somebody here, with the same blood running through their veins. I wasn't alone, I had someone that was going to hopefully be there for me, I just wished I would have known sooner, but theres no time to waste time thinking about that, I have to enjoy it, I have lost so much time with him already. Harry was sitting next to me silent as the grave, I wish he would say something, but instead he just sat there looking out at the ocean from the window. I knew he of all people deserved an explanation, but I still needed one myself.

All I could get out of Miguel was that my father made a very big mistake in the military while he was stationed in Rio, he found Miguel's mom and made Miguel. Once getting kicked out of the military for being caught being involved in a drug deal, he was discharged, followed by shame and guilt he couldn't face my mother. He left and came back to Rio to help support Miguel's mom and Miguel. With no job, he went to the black market. My father went from a respectable military member, to one of the biggest drug dealers in all of Rio. Miguel explained how my father believed it was the easiest way to ensure his family's survival financially.

Miguel seemed to really care about our father, me however not really the same way, considering I didn't really know him. But going to find what was at this address, was going to hopefully solve all of my problems, and answer my questions, Miguel seemed very interested in what was at the location aswell. My thought continued to wander till Harry broke the silence.

"So are you going to tell me what is so important about the address, what's there?" he asked while still looking out the window.

"I honestly don't know.." I replied. He looked at me with a "Don't give me that crap" look.

"Honestly..." he trailed off.

"Look Harry when I was about 12 years old, I got a letter from my father, saying I had the right to know why he left, he gave me that address and a key attached to it..." I said digging through my front pocket and pulling out a key.

"He wrote if I wanted to find out, use this key and the address that you gave me and I would find the truth. I never went, because I never told my mom about the letter, and I guess I was curious now to what he had to say, after he died I promised I would go find out one day, I grabbed the key before you dropped me off at the airport, but I forgot to grab the address..." I looked him in the eyes, to show I was telling the truth.

"I've always wanted to know why he left me, I guess I just played it off that I didn't care very much.." I said refocusing on the road.

"You sure fooled me..." he said, I could tell he felt like I was replacing him with Miguel, that before Harry was my family, always being there for me, and now I was talking about how great it is to have Miguel. I reached over and placed my right hand on Harry's leg.

"Harry, I'm really happy your here, it means a lot to me..: I said as a smile creped onto his face. It was the truth Harry being here made me feel more ready to find out what I had come to find, I just hope I would feel the same after I found it.

Miguel's car turned on a dirt path onto an edge of a cliff..

"What the Hell?" I said to myself before putting the car in park. I stepped out of the car and in front of me was a small cottage on the cliff side, there was a small set of stairs leading to a private beach, it looked like no one had been in it in years. I walked over to the door, Harry right behind me and placed the key in the lock, and sure enough perfect fit. I walked in, the furniture looked brand new, like it was waiting for someone to move in. I walked through the living room, Miguel walked away walking around the hall, I followed him and he opened the door to his left and it was set up as a little boys bedroom. I left him to his self to see what was left there, I turned to the door on the right and sure enough it was a little girls room.