Chapter 19

Aurelea and Arthion have been engaged for a year now. They held off of the wedding, to make sure there plan would work before they got married. So they took turns in their kingdoms throughout the seasons. Everything worked out as they hoped, but there were a couple of times that were difficult. Sometimes new information would come up and one of them would need to travel there, for a day. Aurelea did not mind that they would have to leave for a day and come back. However, she didn't think about how old it could get. So they appointed a trusted adviser, to attend to matters when something urgent came up. He would also keep the new information until they would come back to that kingdom.  

Aurelea was planning their wedding and ruling the kingdoms with Arthion. One thing that she had not forgotten about, was her parents. Her father especially wasn't too convinced this would work out. Aurelea hasn't really talked to her parents, after the argument with her father. She had talked to her mother, but she hadn't heard from her father. Arthion was in contact with his parents, but anyone could tell that they were worried.

"Arthion, may I have a word with you in private?" Aurelea asked.

Arthion stood up from the throne chair and walked down the steps, to Aurelea. She grabbed his hand and took him into a room. She closed the door.

"What is it?"

They both sat down at a small table.

"Arthion, I haven't had contact with my father for a while and I am worried," Aurelea explained.

"Okay. So what would you like to do?"

"I think I need to go see him since he isn't going to come to see me."

Arthion nodded his head. "Okay, but when do you think you will be back?"

"It should only take me two days," Aurelea replied.

"Okay."

They stood up and gave each other a hug. Arthion kissed her on her forehead. She walked out of the room, while Arthion saw her leave. She grabbed her bow and arrow, along with three sabers, two of which went on her back and the other in her boot. She walked to the stables and hopped on her horse, she did not tack it up. She rode out of the stable, bareback. When she was outside of the gates, she kicked her horse into a gallop, heading to Mirkwood.