Chapter 1: A Special Guest

NORMAL POV

Food. ...

That was all that mattered to Meliodas right now. It was a not so normal day in the kingdom of Liones. Since three in the afternoon, Meliodas has been going on about this special someone coming to visit. He never stops talking about it. He's been very busy with work...work as in he did everything in the bar.

The cleaning, the grocery shopping and.......get this,.................for the first time in forever, His food tasted decent!....well that's what Elizabeth said after tasting it herself.

"Uh...Meliodas-sama, why are you preparing so much food?" Elizabeth stared at the five inched table filled with all kinds of delecacies arranged into perfection. Hawk was curious as to how his DECENT food taste like. Without Meliodas looking, Hawk slowly reached out to grab a piece of meat but a hand slapped it away.

"Hawk, I said no touching." Meliodas gave him the evil eye. Hawk pouted.

"seriously, why go through all of this trouble just to cook for one person? It's not like he's gonna notice a piece of meat is gone on the table." Hawk eyed the heavenly scent of Meliodas' cooking. Something was wrong here, Hawk feels like he has seen this before, he has tasted Meliodas's decent cooking before, but couldn't remmeber when it was.

"Hawk-chan, I want everything to be perfect and that means, we eat when our special guest gets here." Meliodas said then went back to cooking his last dish which is soup.

"Elizabeth, come and taste this, tell me what you think."

"Uh...hai." Elizabeth took a spoon full of it and shoved it in her mouth since she tasted his other dishes, she wasn't afraid to taste the last one.

"why does Elizabeth get to taste? What about me?" Hawk complained. At first, it was okay to look at and smell too. But once the liquid touched Elizabeth's tongue, she started feeling sick.

If she were to describe what the soup tasted like, it taste like it has passed the expiration date, thrown unto the ground, mixed with mud and smelly workout socks. She couldn't say what it tasted like since Meliodas was staring at her with the 'Is-It-Good?' kind of eyes.

"Uh....I..it's...uhhhh.." she was nervous. She can't say it tasted horrible.

"It was that bad huh?" Meliodas asked with a grin. Elizabeth only nodded. She hoped he doesn't get mad.

"that's great! Just how our special guest likes it!" Meliodas grabbed a bowl and filled it with the disgusting soup. Elizabeth just stood there surprised and confused.

"who would want to taste something that horrible?" Hawk complained since the smell of the soup was foul to him.

"Obviously our guest." Meliodas put the finishing touches on the dinner table. It looked perfect minus the taste of the food. All Seven plates and Fourteen silverwares were displayed properly. (NOTE: Escanor isn't part of the ganf yet.)

It was around 7 o'clock in the evening. Diane and King were off to town. Actually, Diane wanted to buy a dress to impress the special guest (NOTE: she's in her human size form, not giant form) and King only tagged along with her to help her..more like just to watch her try on different outfits.

Ban is upstairs sleeping since he had nothing else to do, and Gowther was in the balcony reading the new story books he has bought. Up until now, he still hasn't finished reading it yet. And Merlin? Well she had to go back to King Arthur's kingdom, says she has a mission to do with him.

An hour later....

Everyone had finally gathered in the bar. Meliodas was just wearing his normal attire. Elizabeth was just in her uniform, King still the same, Ban didn't care about his looks, Neither did Gowther...but Diane went all out. She wore a purple mini skirt with a black sleeveless turtle neck covered by a pretty orange leather jacket and black knee socks.