Chapter 10: When The Sun Rises

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Melody & Arthur

Don't forget to read the summary after the Epilogue. Along the Epilogue will be NNTG shorts. Or should I call them Flashbacks/ Bonus chapters of how Meldy come about. It will be long but I think you'll like it.

Normal POV

A short Recap...

The demons have regained consciousness and are angry than ever, they didn't think twice to tackle Meliodas. He feels it. The familiar presence of the person he was waiting for. His wish came true. That person did come. He just stood there waiting...

Waiting...................

waiting........

.....

The demons were closing in. A shadowy figure came crashing down. The impact of the landing was so strong that it blew all the demons far away from whe Meliodas was standing. He had his eyes closed during this time. When he opened them, he smiled at the person who he had never thought would come but did.

Meldy was standing just 12 cm. Away from Meliodas. She stared at him with those lifeless eyes. Once the dust cleared off, the whole area was a mess. A massive crater was made. It was deep. And the only thing that Meldy and Meliodas was standing on was a thin piece of concrete. It like a needle standing in a hole. Meliodas remembers this position..from the time he lost self-control at Vaizel. Elizabeth was infront of him that time, and now, it was Meldy.

"I thought you would never come.....Melodiaz." Meldy didn't say anything. But the tug on her mouth showed that it was forming a smile.

"Good timing....the demons are going crazy over there....the barrier is starting to break...and that crack is getting bigger." Meliodas stated in his optimistic voice as always. "I know there are many....and you can only cure one...but...." Meliodas turned to see Meldy holding her hands out. Something was appearing on her palm. It was a bottle of liquid, resembling water.

"where did you get that?"

"M..Mer..l..lin." was all Melodiaz can say. She doesn't have much to say in her Gozel form.

"How?" Meldy can't explain so she just stared at Meliodas' jade eyes. A flashback replayed in his mind. The time when she, Elizabeth and Hawk were protecting Arthur.

*****

Flashback

There was a knock on the door. In came Merlin. "I'm sorry to disturb you two, but can I borrow Meldy for a minute? I need her help with something." She said that they had to discuss some important business. Meldy gulped. She did not want to know, but she wanted to help.

"I'll be quick Elizabeth-sama, I don't want to leave you alone for too long."

"That's okay..Hawk is with me so everything will be fine." Says Elizabeth.

"also, there are guards stationed outside the castle so no one comes in and out without getting caught by them." Merlin added. That boosted up Elizabeth's reassurance. The both had gone out leaving Elizabeth and Hawk in the room.

When they arrived at her lab, Merlin didn't waste time to tell her straight to the point. "I know you're the source." Meldy's body became stiff.

"why are you hiding it from us? More importantly, why did the Captain go so far as to try and lie to us about you? " Merlin smirked at Meldy's stiff posture.

"H..how did you know?" Merlin then summoned her crystal ball. Ofcourse! That thing shows everything if you focus on the place. The crystal ball replayed how Meldy bit her thumb and let her blood drops fall into the container.