Chapter 5: A Heavy Wish

AUTHOR'S NOTE

So you might get a little confused here..even I got confused while writing this but I tried my best to make you guys understand. Oh btw, watch out for the hidden twisteds appearing in this chapter. They lead to a lot of secrets.

So Enjoy minna!

Normal POV

Elizabeth was currently walking around town with Meldy trailing behind her. To her, It was like babysitting a child. Whenever Elizabeth looked behind her, Meldy was far behind, she was easily distracted with everything new to her.

"Meldy...have you never gone outside?" Elizabeth asked the blonde beauty.

"To be honest Elizabeth-sama, I haven't."

"Surely all those years...ten years I pressume of being away gave you a sight of what the world looked like." Elizabrth wonders if Meldy was ignorant.

"I was on a mission for 10 years...never once did I leave my assigned area for any reason."

"what about food? And water?"

"where I took the mission, Food was grown everywhere and there was a river, so there was no reason for me to leave till I was finished." Meldy kept on turning her head left and right seeing all the market stands filled with food and other items.

"don't you get lonely?" Elizabeth wanted to know that atleast she could have made a friend during her mission.

"No. I don't. There weren't any people from my mission so it was easy to overcome loneliness." Meldy happily said. Elizabeth didn't detect any signs of lies in her voice. Meldy was telling the truth.

"I'll be leaving again soon..." Meldy mentioned. "I want to explore more..before I go." Meldy turned to Elizabeth. She feels sad for Meldy. Being alone, it's a painful feeling. Eliabeth was determined to make her last days happy. All her pain from yesterday washed away. Elizabeth wanted to help Meldy. And so she did.Elizabeth took hold of Meldy's hand and dragged her everywhere around the Capital of Camelot.

*****

Back at the palace,

Meliodas had finally appeared back in Arthur's room. "ah..finally you're here, where's the other blonde....I mean, Meldy." Says Merlin.

"I asked Elizabeth to take Meldy around town. She does not need to be here for the bad news."

"But Captain, we need her for King Arthur's recovery." Diane stepped in the convo.

"Not to worry.....I know about this illness. Meldy told me. She's seen this before, so I don't want her to go through that experience twice." Meliodas added a bit authority in his voice when he faced Merlin.

"It can't be helped.....fine, please explain everything about this disease." Merlin just sighed.

"but First tell me about what happened.................." Merlin re-told the event that took place last night. Meliodas listened to every detail she had told her to piece together the right answers.

"this disease is not common. It's something new. Though it is an ancient disease, it doesn't appear when it wants. It appears when you get shot by the wave." Meliodas carefully explained to everyone.

"I don't understand...what is this wave you are referring to Captain?" King questioned. Was it a tidal wave? Or a tsunami? Or was it just a figure of speech.

"The wave is common.................................around demons only." That made everyone become curious. Demons? When did demons come to this convo?