Chapter Eight - Isabella On The Prowl

I could see her staring at me from the back of the room. Usually in every single lesson we would sit next to each other but for the past two weeks I've been sitting in the middle rather than the back. All the teachers would ask me where Isabella was if she was away but I just shrugged. Why should I know? Although, she has been away quite a lot these past two weeks...not that I noticed of course. I didn't need her in my life to make it work. Just like she didn't me because she had Marcus now.

I looked down at the test I had been given back. At the top of the sheet was a big fat D and a "see me after class please" comment. Oh great. It seems that my grades have started to fall as well. My parents were so going to be happy.

"What'd you get?" I could hear the girls behind me whispering.

"Tell me what you got first!"

"Wait, let's ask Bella first!"

"Hey Bella boo."

What kind of nickname was Bella boo?!

"What did you get on your test?"

"I got the usual. An A." I could hear the gloating in her voice.

"Oh wow, good job! What did Alyssa get?"

"I...I don't know. Why don't you guys ask her?"

"Nah. Are you guys fighting?"

"No."

I swear these girls were the most oblivious people on Earth. Isabella and I haven't communicated with each other, except for the occasional awkward eye contact, in two weeks and they only just think that we're fighting now. I should probably help these girls out. 

I turned around, "guys, no we're not fighting. We're not friends either" I said staring Isabella square in the eyes.

It looked as though she was going to return my stare but instead averted her eyes back to her work.

"You know it's all your bloody fault" she muttered.

"Fuck you" I said slowly as I enunciated every letter.

It was a good thing that our maths teacher was helping some students at the front and not paying any attention to us.

"Don't you dare try to pin this on me" Isabella hissed in reply.

"It was your fucking fault wasn't it? It always is. Bitch" I continued.

The two girls stuck in between our little go at each other turned to look at each other in horror. One of the girls decided to speak up.

"Please...stop," she almost whimpered, "you guys used to be the invincible duo."

"Here's the thing, even the most invincible have their weaknesses and Isabella here, found ours" I explained to her.

"Look here!" Isabella started as she began to rise with tears in her eyes, "you know that it wasn't my fault. I apologise over and over but you don't even care. I'm sorry okay. I. Am. Sorry.

Ding ding ding. Saved by the bell.

I looked at her one last time before getting up and turning my back. That was the first almost normal conversation we'd had in two weeks and it was all a bit too much for me. 

*************************************************************

I lay in bed with my iPod blasting some music. All my thoughts rushed through my mind. Liam and I had been together for three weeks now and it had been the best three weeks of my life but I can't help but wonder if what Isabella and Marcus were trying to tell me was true. Liam was wonderful and an amazing kisser but...just sometimes, I wish he made me feel beautiful.