December 17th

"I call dibs on the sofa bed."

"I call dibs on Luke's huge ass bed."

"How about no." Luke replied, shoving his kiwi friend onto the sofa next to Ashton. They always ended up cuddling each other in the middle of the night anyway. Forcing the two to sleep next to one another was never a problem unless they were fighting about useless shit.

"Aw, you don't want to cuddle with me?" Calum pouted, jutting out his bottom lip and giving Luke the best puppy eyes he could muster up on the spot.

"Maybe I'll join you two on the sofa bed." Luke suggested. He didn't want it to seem like a big deal, but he got lonely at night without Michael and he didn't want his friends to see that. Luke wanted them to think he was strong and could handle living alone for a few months. But he always wanted some affection so squeezing himself in the middle of his two friends for a good nights sleep was something he wouldn't mind doing.

"Yes!" Ashton exclaimed, tugging Luke into the bedroom to get his pillow and favorite blanket to sleep with. "This can be like old times. Imagine we're 17 again. Luke just had his first kiss and the first thing he did was call for a best friends sleepover to squeal about how amazing it was." Ashton smirked, nudging Luke back into the living room with his things.

"If I remember correctly he used too much tongue." Calum chimed in. Laughing at the dark blush creeping up Luke's neck and onto his pale cheeks.

"I did not." Luke tried to defend himself, trying to get his best friends to realize that have the whole situation wrong and they're remembering Michael's side of the story and not his.

"I'm positive that's how you said it went all those years ago. Even now you still use too much tongue. Just seeing you kiss Michael is a good enough answer to that." Calum smirked, collapsing onto the sofa bed, a pillow underneath his head and a stray blanket hanging loosely over his body.

"Whatever... That's not how it went."

"Really? Why not enlighten us on how it went again?!" Ashton suggested, crawling into the bed next to Calum and stealing his blanket.

"You'd have to get me really drunk to bring up that story again." Luke chuckled.

"There's spiked eggnog in the fridge. Go get it! We have stories to share." Ashton giggled, throwing a pillow at the blond until he went to retrieve the carton of eggnog and three glasses.

"Why am I even still friends with you two?" Luke poured himself glass after glass until he was spilling secrets left and right leaving his friends laughing and night still young.

////

I love their friendship in this ;_;

thank you guys for all your kind words towards this story. It means a lot<3