Chapter 4

*Bear's POV*
Once I was done sniffing Echo I backed up. "You know, I said, you don't seem so bad after all." She didn't smell like any threat to me what so ever, and looked terrified. The only other thing I needed to ask my self was, "What was I going to do with her?"

I mean, I had lived the last couple months as a loner and wasn't ready to add a girl back into it. Not that I have anything against girls it's just, she's sick and extra hard to take care of because of that.

I though about that for a second and made up my mind. Since I didn't want a dead wolf lying around my territory, I decided to bring her around with me. Besides, that makes another hunting buddy. I can also use cobwebs, moss, or leaves to help with her injuries.

Ok Bear, you can do this.

*Echo's POV*
After the lone wolf had stopped smelling me, I was thinking the worst. What if he charges me and eats me as his dinner? I gulped and took a coulple deep breaths. No, he will not kill you, and if he tries, you fight back as hard as you can.

I could tell that he was thinking hard about something. I tried to read his thoughts, his body language, and hear his breathing. All of those things could give information away. The only thing I could decipher was that he was thinking if he could afford me to trail along with him.

5 minutes later, the question that had been floating in the air finally got answered. Yes. He was going to let me in and bring me along. I was overly relieved, but kept my cool.

"Ok, cool." Was all I said in response. Being as curious as I was, I also dared to ask him one more thing,

"Um, what's your name?" Is what I asked. He answered by saying,

"Bear." One word and I knew things would just go uphill form here on out.