Chapter 6

*Bear's POV *
When Echo came back with those hares, I was shocked and absolutely amazed. She had just hunted 2 hares, in the middle of the night, and in her sickly state, it looked impossible. Well, she sure proved me wrong. But then, I had to think, what if she wasn't so sick afterall? Maybe it was just a couple scratches her and there, or she hadn't groomed her fur in weeks. Or a bit of both. Ew.

The two of us started to walk towards were I've been sleeping for the past couole months. We were silent the entire way, and exausted. We were waking for about 10 minutes when Echo asked something, "How do you survive so well on your own? If I was alone for much longer, I would've died."

I answered, "Well, the key is to not be afraid. To be empowered by the thought that you will live to see another day. You also have to stay in good shape by exercising, keeping your coat clean, and getting enough sleep." "Speaking of that," I said, "We're at my sleeping den."

The den was spacious, comfy, and was shielded well from the wind. We entered cautiously, because a different animal could've found it, but were relieved to see it was just us. I said to Echo, " I'll be right back, I'm gong to get some dry leaves so it's softer. You stay put." I left, in search of more leaves.

As I started to walk through the woods I thought about what it would be like to have Echo with me everywhere. Well, she defintely can help me with hunting. Every morning I'll need to get up earlier to help her regain strength. That one doesn't sound to bad, just more time for me to boss someone around. I smiled at my own thoughts.

After about 20 minutes I was carrying a big pile of leaves in my mouth and decided to walk back to the den. As I entered, the first thing I saw was Echo finally grooming herself. Her coat was a vibrant gold and her eyes, oh her eyes. They were a beautiful shade of amber, which matched perfectly with her coat.

Sorry this chapter was kind of off, the next one will be defintely better.