5 Blocks Of Ice

Saturday…

“Kellin, what a nice surprise! Come inside. Now, what will you have? Milk? Coffee?” Terri’s mother , Amy greeted Kellin warmly. He smiled and hugged the lady before they entered the living room. As Kellin sat, Amy chirped,

“She’ll be done in a minute.” Amy exclaimed and quickly walked merrily towards the kitchen to fetch some orange juice. She’s that kind of lady who will never let her guest to do anything on the house even though the guest has become like part of the family.

While Amy was in the kitchen, Terri’s descended the stairs with her deep red blouse and skinny jeans. Kellin forced a smile and tried to get hold of himself. Terri quickly walked to him and give a big, firm hug.

“I’m sorry. You have to bear this color today,” Terri said and pulled away. Kellin grinned. He hates red. He can NEVER stand red because it reminded  him of blood. He was homeophobic; a fear of blood.

When he was a kid, he witnessed his dad died in a car accident. Just the smell alone can drive him crazy. Funny though, cause he’s in the boxing club. In every practise he was actually holding back, afraid if his opponent bled in front of him. Except for Ryan of course. He don’t have to worry about him. Ryan was one tough guy. He might even not a human and don’t bleed. That’s what Kellin thought of him.

“Kellin dear, here’s your juice.” Kellin drank it all and gave it back to Amy.

“Thanks Amy,”

“Bye Mom!” Terri hugged her mother before they went out. Kellin’s motorcycle was standing on the pavement.

“hop on,” Kellin said as he started the engine.

***

Kellin’s POV

I rested against a tree, watching Terri from afar. I shuddered when  chilly wind passed me. I placed both my hands onto my grey sweater . She knelt and closed her eyes as she mumbled words I cannot hear.

I don’t like cemetery. It reminds me of my dad. I haven’t visited his grave for ages. I just…feel a heavy sorrow in my chest whenever I think about his death. I really miss him.

Now that mom has got herself a boyfriend, I have the feeling I will have a step-father. He was nice anyway so I don't have anything against their relationship.

I cupped both of my hands together and blew my breath on it, trying to kill the cold. Thinking about cold, I wonder how Ash was doing. Did he missed me? Did I ever crossed his mind even for once? I knew he likes me but I WANT and I NEED to hear he utter the words himself to me. Though, it sounds impossible.

I want him to say that he miss me like I did and think about me all the time where every little things reminds him of me.

Childish much? I don't really care.

Someone was walking towards Terri . That person caused my stomach to go crazy as if butterflies were flying in it. I squinted my eyes to get a better view.

That perfect night-black hair and that height which barely reach the level of my eyes, that’s him. Ash Desmond. What was he doing here? I paced towards them.

“What are planning now, Terri?” Ash asked wearily. With white roses on his right hands, he looked at me with his baby blue eyes when I reached at them.

“Ash, why are you here?” I was puzzled. What is his relationship with Terri and the person laid under this earth…?

Oh my god, now I remembered. I have a bet with Terri to get Ash on a date with me. Have he figured it out and hate me for that? I can’t bear the thoughts.