6 Blocks of Ice

***

It has been several days since I last  called and talked to Ash. Today’s Thursday, it has been five days to be precise. I saw him in the school and he quickly turned away to avoid me. For now, I’ll just let it be, convincing myself to leave him alone and give time to him.

I want him to miss me but will he miss me like I did? I almost went to his home again yesterday. I was standing across the street, looking at the building  where he lived. I was snapped back to reality when Terri called me to accompany her to do some shopping, which if she hadn’t done I’ll broke my own promise to keep a distance for a while. Phew.

“Hi baby,” a girly voice broke my thoughts. I spun around and saw Stacey smiling at me. I returned the smile.

“Hi,”

She pouted when I replied with uninterested tone. She gave me a kiss on the cheek and linked her hand on my hand. I was actually waiting for Terri to finish her work in the lab. Whatever experiments is they were doing.

“You haven’t called me lately. Whats wrong? Got yourself a new girl? Is she better than me, your first girl?” She grinned showing her white teeth.

My first girl? Yes she was my girl a year back. I haven't transferred school then and we met at a club. Now, we are more to friends. I lost my virginity to her when I was 17. The fact was I dated a lot of girls before her, and after her. But she’s the first girl I slept with. It wasn’t a pleasant memory. It was the booze, I was drunk and she was there. At that time, she was my girlfriend and well, all I could remember was she took me to an empty room stripped our clothes and the next thing I knew, I woke up with her beside me, naked. I can’t say I don’t enjoyed it but, I was hoping to do it with the girl I love. Argh, what was done is done.

“It’s not it, I just have too many girls to handle,” I replied jokingly.She yanked my hand.

“You know you can always spare me your time. You broke up with Amanda and her best friend Stella the other day.  Now who is this new girl?” She inquired.

“Um…let’s just say the person is someone  very important to me.” I said almost sheepishly. Ash, why am I falling in love with you? I never planned to that extent I only wanted to go out on a date with you which we haven’t.

“Oh…this is something new.” Stacey grimaced and touched my chest. Looking up at me, she whispered,

“Are you, finally falling in love with someone?”

I felt my face burning. Yes she knew that I have never fell in love with someone before. She knew me. Sometimes she was like a witch or a fortune teller that have powers to see right through someone.

“What? No. I don’t. it’s like the usual ‘love’ cycle.” I said.

“Now, stop touching me or we’ll end up at the bed again, which I don’t want.”

She giggled and wraped her hands around my neck while pulling herself up. Her face was close to me, I can smell her minty breath.

“Oh, come on baby. You know it you don’t get hard by this. It takes more to get you turned on. Don’t lie to me. It’s written on your face I can tell there is already someone special. Now, is it Terri? Do you finally accept her feelings?”

“Terri? Hahah, you know she’s my best friend. She hates me, well more like hate my attitude in best friends way. You know it better.”

She frowned and then laughed out loud. Ah, this girl is getting on my nerve. Terri is my best friend everyone knows it. Though my other ex-girlfriends cannot seemed to understand it and blamed her when I broke up with them. Girls are tough to handle.