3 Blocks of Ice

~~~

When I  opened my eyes, I was still surrounded by darkness but the dizziness has gone. My stomach finally feeling normal and I can breath freely. The scent of fresh oranges went rushing through my nose woke  me up from my nightmare; ah…this refreshing smell is my favourite.

I shoved away the blanket on me and tried to move. My eyes hasn’t adapted to the blackness and as I pushed my feet out of the bed, I bumped onto something.

“Kellin...?” Ash called. His voice was deep; he just woke up and he’s the one I bumped into. Did he stayed by my side the whole time? My heart flowered on the thought. He laid  a hand on my thigh, it makes me twitched.

“Ash…” I said.

“Wait, I’ll go switch on the light,” he responded. After a moment, the lights turned on, I squinted my eyes trying to adjust to the sudden  bright light.

And there was my little angel; standing as if a pair of white and fluffy wings was attached on his back. He’s sparklingly beautiful.

He headed to me and stopped at the brink of the bed. His hair was  messy; I bet mine too.

His face was pale and his eyes swollen a bit.

“How are you feeling?” he sounded worried.

I should be the one asking that, I thought. When I remembered what happened, I felt ashamed;  to faint on the sight of blood.

“I’m okay…” I answered and walked towards him. He stepped back as I approached him and he hid away his hands on his back.

“Here, let me see,” I said, half whispering and extended my hand. He looked straight at me before he looked away.

“No…you’ll faint again,” he mumbled and I almost die of shame. I hope he didn't remembered my disgrace condition.

“Ahem,” I purposely cleared my throat and captured his left hand carefully. He can be so clueless and straight forward when he speak off his mind; I liked that, even if his words sometime hurts me. He tried to pull back and I gave him a look that say,

do it and I’ll kiss you like you never kiss before’

The blood wasn’t there anymore but the wounds were still in deep red; looked fresh. There were old scars too. Too many to be counted. Shit, I was bleeding inside.

“Hate me, I don’t mind. People like me should just die and rot in hell,” he muttered while he started to try pulling away his hand again.

“Don’t…don’t do this again. Don’t ever said that again. Or you better just kill me instead,”

I swathe  my hands around him, hugging him closely and firm. The pain inside my heart was so fucking painful. The most painful pain I’ve ever felt, it drove my tears running down. I love this person, I don’t want him to hurt himself.

“Kellin…” he sobbed.

The happiest moment in my life is always when he showed his affection to me; he hugged me back and dipped his head on my chest.

“I’ll get the first aid. Stay here. We need to get your hand a treatment.” I said, wiping off my tears and left the room quickly. Man, I was so embarrassed!! He saw me cried and that was so pathetic. But…he did hug me back; that make the shame ‘poofed’.

Oh, I don't know where his first aid. So I asked him. He said he wanted to take a shower first. I was worried if his wounds get infected if we didn't treat it quick, but how stubborn he was.

''Just a quick shower. You can have one too...if you want...''

He was outright lovely with his tinted shyness and coldness.

We took a shower which was quite disappointing because we showered separately. I wish we showered together. After getting dressed, I grabbed the first aid, taking out bandage and some antiseptic to wash the cuts and some medicine to make the wounds heal faster. Ash sat on the bed, me on a chair I took.

Ash bite his lower lip when I coated his cuts with antiseptic . Vigilantly, I wraped his wrist.

“There, it’s done.” I said, giving a small smile at him; he looked away with red rose gushing on his cheek.

“Ash,”

“what…” he answered like a cold person would do; just warmer. He still can’t let go of his made-up trait.

“I’ll have to tie you up if you ever do this again,” I whispered.

“You know nothing about me. It’s easier said than done,” he responded quite angrily.

My body burned in warm blizzard. Ha, I know how silly it sound but yeah that’s how I would describe it. He’s acting all cold to keep people stay away from his insecure, self-hating and trust-no-people  zone. That won’t work on me. Not anymore.

I lay my hand on his knee. He blushed even more and it sent me off a cliff . I took him by surprise,  pinning him on the bed.

“Hey, what the hell…”

“Shush…” I hushed him, blowing warm breath on his neck. He swallowed and tried to move away. Not so fast, little angel.  I kissed him on the instant, feeling his heat emitting from his body.

“Resisting is futile” I uttered.

He swallowed again and gazed into me with his intense blue eyes. I knew he liked me. I mean, why  he hasn’t used all his might to resist me if he does dislike me. Part of him wants me, but part of his stubborn heart tell himself that I am a threat to his cold life. I can see it, although just a slight hint of feelings. I want to hear him say that words. –I love you-

“Move,” he ordered just  like a fallen king, who knew he has no power against his people but still acted like a reigning king. I chuckled and bend forward, burying my lips on to his forehead.

“Why don’t you say what you wanted to say, deep inside,” I whispered on his face.

His eyes gleamed and darted away. The edge of his lips twitched. This time, I’m the one to swallow. He’s tempting me , unintentionally.

I can’t hold it anymore I have to draw away or I might ended up hurting him; you know what I mean. He’s still in pain from the cuts and if I were to physically show my affections to him, I surely go overboard. And I love gripping on his hands to take control of him. That does not sound good right now, does it?

I straighten up my body and make my way to leave the room to himself.