Mirror

Looking in the mirror is like saying hello to your inner demons.
You stare into a strangers eyes, tears gathering at the corners. Your inner demons reply back with; you look fat, disgusting, ugly. And you and the stranger in the reflection nod in defeat.
You look at the stranger in the mirror closer and see tears streaking down her sunken cheeks. Rope burns around her thin neck and bloody lines on her translucent skin on her wrist. Her arms and legs are weighed down with iron shackles that stops the stranger from being free. Your heart hurts to see the stranger like this and wants to free her, only to be unsuccessful. You look down to see why you can't free the stranger and see the same shackles made of words weighing you down, stopping you freeing the stranger in the mirror. You look down at your wrists and see the same angry red lines covered by your long sleeves. You touch your neck and see the rope burns covered with caked on foundation. But lastly you stare into the strangers eyes and see the fire had been extinguished by the mirror hanging on the wall. And you realise that the stranger in the mirror is you. It's you without the cover ups or the lies, it's what you have become since looking in the mirror and saying hello to your inner demons.