Ch. 9 - Splash

Maddie corralled the girls at 7:30. They went over the plan of the evening. Each girl was instructed on what to wear.

"Wear black. But if you hoe's look like your going to a funeral I'll make it your own. And no heels. We don't want you clomping around like ponies when we're trying to dump bodies.  Deniese, bring some jerky. We need sharks. They like meat and jerky is the closest thing we've got."

Claudia looked puzzled. She put down her current book "Ferocious" by Leigh W. Stuart and raised her hand while blurting out her thoughts.

"Won't the Sharks be attracted to the blood and the bodies?" 

Maddie patted her on the head like a teacher with a class of red headed step children.

"Think about it Claudia. 'Jaws' did not eat leftovers. Once the swimmers stopped screaming and squirming he went for another live body. Your super cute when you think hard."

Claudia smiled like she just won the bathroom key after a keg party.

"So go future porn stars. Saddle up. Get your outfits on and meet back here in an hour. And bring your plastic linen bags from the closet. It may be a bit messy."

The girls scattered off to their corners. Excited at having a reason to dress stealthy and nervous about scooping up body parts.

Maddie made sure to put her hair up. She didn't want to be dealing with strands of luscious locks in her way while she was making out or giving vital orders on how to dispose of the dead.

The girls made their way on deck to meet up with the lacrosse players. The boys were horsing around with a home made Hackie sack and shoving each other. When the girls walked in the ball of Saran Wrap and napkins fell to the floor. The feet stopped mid motion and boys quickly lined up and put out arms to escort the girls to the small metal tables. Evening was in full swing and the decks soft lighting came on and music started over the speakers.

Randomly couples paired. Chatting and having soda water spritzers with a splash of mint. Maddie and A.J. wandered to the rail overlooking the water. A.J. placed his hand upon hers and the other on her shoulder. They walked along the deck until coming to a secluded spot. A.J. began rubbing her neck and leaned in for a deep kiss. Maddie was more than happy to kiss back. He led her by the hand to his cabin.

Inside his cabin was clean and smelled of aftershave. He had a short story book on his nightstand "Invisible Beasts" by Daphney-Firestorm. Reading the cover Maddie gave him brownie points for good taste and made a mental note to look it up. They resumed their kissing on the edge of the bed and soon layers of clothing were strewn in piles on the floor. Maddie was rather impressed with A.J.'s physique and made another mental note to date more lacrosse players.

He rolled easily on top of her. Gently pulling her neck as leverage to get his lips moist with hers. She felt a pleasant warmth of his soap smelling skin and as he playfully nibbled at her neck and her breathing increased. He easily found his rhythm and soon Maddie forgot everything and everyone except this moment.

A.J. smiled and wiggled his eyebrows. Maddie laughed and smacked his taut chest as he lay down next to her and began to twirl the loose strands of hair that had escaped her messy bun.

"Want to stay here tonight? I can tell Truant to room with someone else?"

Maddie looked at the bedside clock. She got out of the bed and started putting on clothes.

"I would A.J., I really would, but I can't tonight. The girls and I have a thing."

His face fell and she wished she really could stay. Warm arms were a nice place to sleep away the troubles. But she was the Captain. And 'with great power comes great responsibility'. She was proud of her ability to overcome obstacles and be selfless, it was such a Tumbler moment!