Dad troubles part 1

"Fine." They both said. They split the pizza and walked to the couch muttering profanities under their breaths. Luke sat on one side of the room and Sam at the other. They kept glaring at each other. I just laughed. I'm pretty positive that they're related.

"Let's watch mean girls!" Luke said.

"I love that movie!" Sam said gasping.

I'm really positive they're siblings.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Ashton's pov~
(The next day)

I woke up with a headache. I glanced over at the clock. 5:30. It's too early for me to be awake. I turn around reaching for Sam since I'm used to her sleeping next to me. I pat around and feel nothing. Just the edge of the pullout bed in Michaels living room . I sit up and squint my eyes trying to see something in the dark. I see Luke and michael laying on top of each other on the couch, Calum on the floor and Sam, nowhere to be found. I get up and walk to the kitchen and see Sam sitting on the counter spaced out. She also looks like she's been crying.

"Sam are you ok?" I say waving my hand in front of her face.

"No." She responded bluntly.

"Tell me what's wrong." I said coming closer to her.

"My dad is back." She said softly.

"Is that a good or bad thing?"

"Bad."

"What do you mean." I asked confused.

"Well i have to start from the beginning. We used to be the perfect family. Everyone wanted to be our like our family. Until one day. He got these papers from court, I don't know what they were for or from but he got mad. He then starting drinking. It started from him drinking one can a day to 2 to a pack a day. And he was a violent drunk. My mom didn't understand why till she got ahold of the papers that he had received and they got into a really big fight. They started yelling and screaming to the point dad walked out of the house and disappeared. When he did come back it was 1 in the morning. My mom got up and tried to get him to bed but he started hitting her. I got up from all the commotion and tried to stop him. He just turned around and slapped me. I started crying and ran to Rays house who was right next door at the time. Her mom got worried and called the cops. They came and took my dad. We never saw him again. We didn't plan on it either. Until today my mom texted me saying she got a call from him saying he wants to see us but she wanted my opinion to see if I wanted to see him." She explained.

"Oh. Does anyone know?" I asked her.

"Michael and Ray." She said.

"Michael?" I said kinda shocked.

"Yeah him Ray and I used to be the inseparable trio till calum moved to our school. Then Michael started to hang out with calum more and we stopped talking." She said looking distant.

"Well it's 6 in the morning lets get some more sleep and we can figure this out in the morning." I said picking her up from the counter and bringing her back into bed.

"Ok she yawned."

*****

The whole night I couldn't go back to sleep. I was worried for her. It seems like she had been through a lot with this guy in her family. But I'm here and I'll help her through it.  It was currently 8:30. Sam started stirring around a bit. That's how I knew she was waking up.

"Good morning princess." I whispered into her hair.

"Hmm" she hummed in response.

"You wanna get ready?" I asked.

"Um I guess." At this point she was fully awake.

We left Michaels house and headed to sams house since I had back up clothes there. We got there and climbed through her window. After we got ready we slowly headed downstairs. It was quiet.

"Well hello there." Said an unfamiliar voice.