Chapter 6

CHAPTER 6

We walked out of the woods, across the road, and into the south entrance of the south wing.

Then, Kyle said that he had to go home. We bid him goodbye, and we continued walking. Anton said he wanted to play more football, so he went back to the football field. Then Ysa's driver called her, and she had to go home too. Trazzie and Tessera rode with her.

So it was me, Forrest, Jake, Lorraine, Troy, and Felix who were left. The people who all had something in common.

I suddenly remembered that I needed to see Ms. Williams at her office.

"Hey guys, I need to see Ms. Williams at her office," I said.

"I'll come with you," Forrest stated.

"Me too," Jake said, then all of them murmured in agreement.

"Okay," I shrugged.

We exited the south wing building, walked across the courtyard, and into the north wing building. We walked to the hallway of the teachers' offices. Then I located the office of Ms. Williams. Once I found it, I called them over.

"Hey guys, I found it," I called to them. They came over to me.

"Well?" Lorraine nudged me.

I stepped closer to the door. I was about to knock when I heard screeching inside.

"What...?" I said in confusion.

Jake stepped closer and knocked anyway. The screechings continued. I looked to Marco in confusion. He just shrugged.

Jake was about to knock again when we heard somthing break inside the room. He gasped and opened the door.

The room was messed up. The drawers were all open, and there were papers everywhere. There was fire in some parts of the room. And there was an eagle in the room, flying around. It was carrying pieces of paper in its sharp talons. Ms. Williams was holding a fireball in her hands, and she was trying to hit the eagle with a fireball.

Well after a day off seeing odd things, I guess I finally believed what was happening in here.

Felix and Troy rushed to help. Ms. Williams, Troy, and Felix started cornering the eagle, trying to hit it. But the eagle simply dodged all of the fireballs.

"I wish a fireball hits the eagle in the face!" I thought. I dunno if it worked, or whoever threw the fireball was lucky, but a fireball hit the eagle straight in the face. The eagle fell to the ground limply. Ms. Williams bound it, and put it inside one of her drawers. Lorraine put out the fires. This time though, she used cold air. I could feel it from the doorway.

"Hey, thanks," Ms. Williams thanked Lorraine, Troy and Felix.

"It's no problem," Felix smiled. "But what was that eagle doing here?"

"It was trying to steal some of my confidential papers regarding green-eyed people. It was going to give the papers to mister Morph-face," Ms. Williams informed us. "But that eagle was one of his best warriors. I really wonder how we managed to hit it."

"Is it because we're awesome?" Troy and Felix asked at the same time.

"Well not really," Ms. Williams grimaced. "It's more of luck. I actually sense the power of a leprechaun."

"Wow," Lorraine said. "I'm only quarter mermaid, and half wind nymph."

"We're obviously half firefairies," Troy and Felix said.

"I'm two-fifths werewolf," Jake announced.

"Half tree nymph," Marco said proudly.

"And how about you two?" Ms. Williams asked me and Forrest.

"We don't know," we said together, and we looked at each other and smiled.

"Forrest handled a fireball earlier," Jake announced.

"Really?" Ms. Williams said. "We still have to check his excact percentage."

"Okay," Forrest said.

"Well come here," Ms. Williams beckoned to me and Forrest. "Let's use the eye scanner."

She rumaged around under her desk. She brought out a box, then she pulled out a device. She cleared her table, then she set up the device. After the device was ready, she beckoned me over.

"Come on, we have to check your eyes," Ms. Williams said.

"Forrest first," I said.

"Okay," he said, and approached her.

"Here," she helped him with it. Forrest sat down on the chair in front of the desk. He then put his face near the thing, with his right eye in front of the scanner.

Ms. Williams pressed a button, then Forrest recoiled and pulled away.

"Hey, it's okay," Ms. Williams said.

"Ms. Williams, aren't laser beams dangerous?" He asked.

"This one isn't," she replied.

"Okay," he said uncertainly.

He put his face near the scanner again. Ms. Williams pressed the button again, and the laser beam appeared again. This time, Forrest didn't recoil. He just stayed there and didn't move.

"All done, Forrest!" Ms. Williams said. He pulled away, and looked at me. I looked at Ms. Williams looking at the other side of the device. I went over and saw what was on the screen of the device.

It said, 51% human; 20% werewolf; 29% firefairy.

"Woah. I should have seen it sooner," Ms. Williams said. "You know how to handle a fireball, but you have black hair. Half firefairies, like purebloods, have red hair. Look at my hair! It's so red, even though I dyed one side pink." She pointed to her hair.

"Yeah, look at our hair," Troy said, ponting to his and his twin's hair. I looked at their hair, and it was more like ginger.

"It's ginger," I stated. They shrugged.

"I'm three-fourths firefairy," Ms. Williams announced proudly. "Anyhow, Nike, you next!"

Forrest stood up from the chair and allowed me to sit. I put my face in front of the device, with my right eye in front of the scanner. Ms. Williams pressed a button, and the laser beam started scanning my eye. I just sat still while it was scanning my eye.

"Done!" Ms. Williams said. "Oh my... Wow. That's why. You're the..."

"What? Why? What's happening?" I asked.

"Your ancestry is not very common," she explained.

"Why?" Lorraine asked. "It couldn't be more uncommon than mine, right?"

"Come here," Ms. Williams said, and I went to her. I looked at the screen of the device and I saw what was written.

40% human, 27% faun, 33% leprechaun.

"Nike, did you wish for the eagle to be hit by a fireball?" Ms. Williams asked me.

"Y- yes," I replied.

"That's why we were able to hit that eagle."

Oh. So I was lucky. I'm part leprechaun.