Chapter 3

CHAPTER 3

I went to school in the morning, of course. My mum didn't let me go hunting at dawn. She said that the food was still enough. I think there's something more to why she's not letting me go hunting.

At school, Ysa told me that she's gonna be an aunt already. It was because her sister just gave birth to a baby boy. I sometimes envy her because I never had siblings. But really, we're like sisters, so I don't really think of that.

I saw Forrest as he entered the school. He greeted me, then we went off to our classes together. Just like yesterday, I had English class, then Science class, then World History.

After History, everyone went off to the cafeteria to eat lunch.

I walked with Ysa and the Vane twins, and I totally forgot about Forrest. When we reached the cafeteria, I suddenly remembered about him.

"Guys, have you seen Forrest?" I asked my three friends as we fell in line.

"Nope," Ysa replied. "You left him in the classroom, right?"

"Oh crap. He's new to this school and he probably does not know the way going here!"

"Chill. He could follow the flow of students going here," Ysa stated while getting her food.

She was right. But I still had that feeling, like when I forget to bring something that I really need, but I couldn't think of what I forgot. Then when I need to use it, I remember the thing that I really needed.

"Okay," I sighed. I picked up my tray and put a plate of pasta, and a can of pineapple juice on it.

When we reached the end of the line, me and my friends paid for our food, then we went to find a table. But instead of finding a table, I was finding Forrest. He might be lost or something. I searched the whole cafeteria with my eyes, but I couldn't find him. Great.

Ysa and the twins already found a table, and we sat down. The Vane twins planned on their next prank while eating their food. I just twirled my pasta around my fork, trying to think where Forrest must have gone to. Ysa was trying to start a conversation with me, but I was really quiet.

I was thinking so hard that I didn't notice the person who sat next to me.

"Hey, hey Nike!!" The voice snapped me out of my trance.

"Huh? Where's Forrest?" I looked around. The person poked my arm and I looked that way. There was Kyle, my guy best friend, sitting beside me while eating his pasta.

"OH HEY KYLE!!" I exclaimed.

"Hallo there Nike, victor of the last three Hunger Games Nights! Ha. Your name means 'victory' in Greek. It's no wonder you will win. So, whaddup?"

"Nothing much," I replied. "Just trying to find a new friend who has gotten himself lost."

"She's been thinking about him ever since we got in here," Ysa said, and grimaced.

"OH! Nike!" Kyle exclaimed, then lowered his voice to a whisper. "You like this guy?"

"I guess you could say that," I muttered.

"Oh! What's his name?" He stage-whispered.

"Forrest Seymour," I real-whispered.

"Why are we whispering?"

"Because you started it?" I said, finally eating my pasta.

"Yeah, right."

We ate in silence, only hearing the chatter of the other students around us.