Prologue

Fallen angels. Decades ago, a group of eight angels were sent to protect the earth. There was disagreement and squabbling within the group that led to... Well let's just say something went terribly wrong.

A new set of only seven angels had to be sent to the mortal world.

Tess Barlow was the first fallen angel, and she was running. Running faster than any normal person could have.

Neat black curls fell down her back, droplets of rain sticking to her dark skin. Her leather jacket kept most of her warm and dry, she had to be thankful for that as Tess basically flew through Queens in combat boots.

"You've got this, Tess. Find the others."

Tess had a normal life; only child, parents divorced, the old run of the mill modern life nowadays. But Tess was born with a greater purpose, and that day at a seeming age of twenty one, she took off to find them. The Angels.

That's how it began.

---

Tess stared at a boys' back in a damp alleyway in the early morning.

"Beanie Boy." She thought.

Tess couldn't believe she was making up nicknames for a person she didn't even know. She chuckled, and suddenly, Beanie Boy took off, jumping into a taxi.

"Dammit. Best try a hands on approach next time."

Tess smiled, turning down the street.

---

She had just come out of the huge door and was lighting up her cigarette. Tess frowned at her back. She seemed too... sweet to be smoking, despite the edginess of her crop top, shorts, and her pixie cut mop of bright green hair. She approached her, readying herself for questioning. Taking a deep breath, she spoke.

"Hello, Paris."