Chapter Two

The two angels were running. Hand in hand, Tess and Paris were sprinting faster than the speed of light it seemed. Everything outside of the blur of the two seemed clear. Paris realized it wasn't even her running, it was Tess, hauling her alongside her while she ran magically faster than any normal human being ever would.

When they came to a stop, they were in front of a huge high school, students pouring into the various doors as the bell rang for class to begin.

"Okay listen," Tess said anxiously, turning to face Paris. "Two angels are in there. We are going to devise a plan to get us in to talk to them and get them out barely noticed."

"Hmmm. Alright. I'll help you, Angel Girl," Paris replied snidely. "After you explain what the hell is going on!"

Tess paused, her lips pursed.

"I can't tell you till we've got all five remaining angels. I'm sorry."

"Well I must be crazier than you are then, to go with someone like you." Paris sighed and walked to a small valley in the otherwise perfect courtyard and sat in it, legs crossed, staring at the front door of the school intently.

Tess sat down next to her.

"When did you start smoking?" She asked randomly.

"Quite personal, don't you think?" Paris said, smirking at her. "When I was four human years old. But of course that would have made me twelve. I mean, I noticed I age faster than everyone else. I look and feel eighteen, but I'm not any older than six years old really. I've only been alive six damn years and I look older than I should. Does that sound crazy?"

"It does not sound crazy. It is totally true. We age faster than a normal human. Three times faster, actually. I'm twenty one, but in reality I'm technically seven. Fantastic isn't it?" Tess informed her. "But surprisingly, I haven't aged when I was supposed to next. Perhaps twenty one is the stopping point of aging."

Paris simply stared at her in stunned silence. Is this chick the Doctor?

"Well, then. Best be moving on!" Tess stood up awkwardly.

---

Winston was sitting behind Delilah in class, fiddling with her hair. Watching her take notes over her shoulder, watching her hand make her scrolling handwriting. He watched as she doodled lightsabers and wands in the margins of her paper, showing them to him.

The bell rang for class to be over, and the two angels walked out into the hall together. Their conversation was cut off by the earsplitting siren of the fire alarm, and the angels filed out into the courtyard with the rest of the school.

Before they could join their classmates on the sidewalk, two very intimidating people blocked Winston and Delilah's path.

"We need to talk to you both," The tall one said, gesturing for them to follow her and the other girl around to the other side of the school.

The first girl was dark-skinned, tall, and gorgeously ruthless looking. The other was tiny, short-haired, beautiful, and very, very, punk.

The tall one said in her soft voice, "You need to come with us."

Winston was slightly appalled at this notion, and simply replied, "I don't think we do..."

"Trust me, you do. I can't explain exactly why here, but I can tell you this; you are both fallen angels. So are we. My name is Tess and this is Paris." The punk waved her hand as she was introduced.

"What the hell are you talking about? Why should we go with you?" Winston challenged.

"Because you sense we know each other. I know how this works better than anyone, believe me." Tess replied.

Delilah glanced at Tess and Paris, then looked to Winston, who in turn tilted his head down so Delilah could whisper something in his ear. "Excuse Del and me for a moment."
The pair walked down a ways, out of earshot from Paris and Tess.

"Winston, what the hell are you doing?" Delilah asked in a hostile whisper. "We finally get the opportunity to live in a story, and you aren't taking it?"

"But this is insane! We can't actually be Angels." Winston fretted.
"We all have green hair though. I know that they were born with it too. That has to mean something." Delilah pointed out, Winston feeling the same way.

"Do you really want to stay in this shithole?" She whispered, her voice pleading. Winston shook his head, looking into her deep green eyes.

"We've lived our whole lives with our feet on the ground and our heads in the clouds, dreaming of this, right here. The question is, are you ready for an adventure?"

"Hell yeah." he said, turning around to join Tess and Paris.

"Wait!" Delilah ordered, reaching for Winston's hand as he spun back around.

Delilah took her shot then and there, and kissed him. Winston was surprised at first, but realized what was happening and kissed her back. When they broke apart, they both grinned, blushing bright red.
"I've been waiting a long time to do that." Winston murmured. Delilah looked up at him and grinned a rare smile. She took his hand, and the pair joined the quest.

"Where are we off to?" Winston asked cautiously.

"A penthouse in New York City." Tess answered, smiling slyly.