Chapter Twenty

GUYS IM BACK!! I am getting such positive feedback from everyone and it has literally made me so happy. Please keep voting and adding this story to your reading lists, I LOVE getting the notifications. Please comment and tell me what you like/hate and what you want to see in the future. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

I stare at my computer monitor with furrowed eyebrows, bringing my thumb up to my bottom lip as I chew on my nail.

How do you ask a man who you've never done any favors for, to invest millions into your company?

Normally the answer would be easy: I own Styles inc and therefore am a large asset when it comes to returning the favor, however It wasn't the case in this predicament. 

Apsona corp. was a major business owned by Glen Bowen who experienced an awful fall in his corporation only two years ago.

He reached out to me and I of course ignored his requests for any financial support.

After the plummet, he some how managed to come back, but this time his company had managed to be worth twice the amount they were before their fall. 

Many different businesses saw the benefits of investing in Bowen's company, including Fraiser enterprises, however I didn't feel the same way about the predicament at the time.

I was now regretting that decision.

With any large business decision, its important to cover your ass because there's any way of knowing what the outcome could be.

The merger with Fraiser is a great example of a large bussiness decision, and getting an investment with Apsona corp would be a great asset if the merger goes wrong simply because Bowen proved once before that he has not only the strength to get out of a tough situation, but he also has the corporate support.

The only dilemma is that the chances of getting him to agree is slim due to the fact that I helped him in no way when he reached out to me those two years ago.

Technically, this wasn't even my project to be working on in the first place.

Jack has been handling the details to this investment but the deadlines were quickly approaching and he was currently at the hospital with his wife for the birth of their kid.

I decided that I could most likely take care of this business offer today, but as I look at the computer screen in front of me, I feel more discouraged than anything.

After thirty-six consecutive minutes of staring at Apsona Corps information, I decide that my eyes. as well as my brain, need a break so I open my email in hopes that I'll find some sort of good news.

I'm disappointed, yet not surprised that there is nothing more than a few hundred emails from various employees informing of different things that don't concern me.

However I end up scanning the contents of each one before I delete it, or in the rare case, save it to my archives.

After a few minutes, I come across an email from Amber Kessler regarding a birthday party she wants the whole company to attend.

I mentally roll my eyes at the gesture.

In a company that's the size of Styles enterprises, it's not odd for me to not know the names of my employees, but that's not the case with Amber.

Amber is the personal assistant to Frank Merritt, the director of marketing.

Frank is a womanizing 45 year old who has been through five marriages and has a love for girls that are young enough to be his daughter.