Chapter One - Lies.

I sprinted to the bathroom, locked the door behind me, slid down the wall and shut my eyes tight. I could hear sharp, quick footsteps behind me. They came to an abrupt stop. "Parisa," said a cold voice that sent chills down my spine, "you cannot run from the past."
"I will never join you! Never!" I screamed. I felt a sharp pain growing in my back.
I heard laughter. Not the pleasant kind. No, this laughter was insane. Evil. It made me want to tear my ears off.
I looked up and saw a tall, dark figure standing over me. "You can't hide what you truly are, Parisa. Embrace it. Embrace it!" The voice screamed at me. I got up and looked in the mirror. There were large, black, feathered wings sprouting from my back. My ears were sharpening to points. My eyes glowed golden. I cried out and with a single hit, smashed the mirror into a million shards of cold, hard, broken truth.

I gasped, jolting upright in my bed. My body was dripping with cold sweat. My brunette hair was plastered to my face, and I noticed there were still tears rolling down my pale cheeks. I exhaled heavily and settled back down. Glancing over at my alarm clock, I discovered it was 5:56am. I rolled onto my side and faced the wall. I'm ready to face another day. A day of secrets and lies. A day of hiding the truth.

A/N ---------
HEY GUYS this is my first piece of writing on Wattpad. I know that at the moment it isn't great but I PROMISE IT WILL IMPROVE 🌸
Oh and Melina, I dedicate this chapter to you x
~ immortal.child :)))