Chapter Seven - Alliance.

Parisa's POV

Looking at the sky, I had realised the sun had set. "I have to go." I said, standing up.
"Let me come with you." Raziel said suddenly, also hurriedly standing up.
"Why?"
"Just in case.."
"Uh, in case what?"
"You get hurt!"
"Okay, two hours ago you were holding me down and shouting at me, now you're wanting to protect me??"
"Parisa I've learned things about you.. I know now that you're not all as you seem. Besides," Raziel added, nudging me, "Forever Friends."
"Hey don't touch me! I could hurt you again!"

During this conversation I realised I had sub-consciously started to walk down the street, Raziel right by my side. I just went along with it anyway.

"Okay so about that burn mark you left on me..." He started.

"Oh, it's not dangerous. Although, I wouldn't suggest trying to touch me again.. One mark is fine. Two marks will make you sick. But three marks and you'll be cursed. You'll be like me.

Out of the corner of my eye I caught him wince slightly.

"Do you know if there's any known cure?" He asked, wide eyed.
"There is one cure, but it's not desirable.."
"Well, what is it?"
"The unforgiving death of a loved one."
"Um what?"
"Raziel," Parisa turned to face the worried boy, "the only known cure is death. Death to someone you love."

———————————

Raziel's POV

"Uhm.. You go walk ahead, I just gotta tie my shoe." He stuttered.
"Sure?" Parisa shrugged, picking up her pace.

Raziel opened his tight fist, revealing a large black burn mark sitting right on his palm.