chapter 5

It's been two months since I met Lex. I preformed for the last time as one of Taylor Swift's opening acts days ago.

Traveling around the country is so surreal and helps me escape all my problems and worries. It's like I put all those thoughts and feelings into a jar and close it tight. Hoping to not have to think about what's inside. Now with me coming home, it's like the jar has a mind of its own and everything inside is coming out faster than I can manage. All the great memories of the 1989 tour seem to not matter anymore, all that consumes me is the thoughts of the one thing that used to keep me going through this, cheated on me and acted as though nothing was wrong.

Gerty keeps telling me to move on but it feels as though there is a wall built around me that keeps me from doing so.

-
"Shawn, we just landed," Gerty said as he gently shook my shoulder.

I groaned in annoyance, I was home finally but it didn't feel the way it used to. I got my luggage and waited in line to get off the plane. Once I was off with Gerty, I saw the outline of a crowd outside the gate. They were all here to see me. The fact that everyone comes such a long way just to see me still astonishes me.

As soon as the crowd sees me, they all go crazy and I start taking pictures with everyone of them, careful not to miss anyone. When I came up to one girl though she looked familiar. I have seen so many people the past 2 months I shook off the feeling and took pictures with the next 3 girls. As the familiar girl started to walk away, the thought hit me out of the blue. That was Lex and I just blew my chances.

"Wait, Lex!" I yelled, I didn't want her go because the fact of seeing her again would be slim.

She turned and that beautiful smile of her's was on display.

"Hi Lex."

"Hi Shawn, it's nice to see you again."