Chapter 2- Supplies

Elli's P.O.V.

I walked back up to my room and tripped over the same book I tripped over this morning. I got up, again and started putting books back into my bookshelf. There might have been 15 open and lying on my floor.

As soon as I was finished, I stopped and brushed my bright bubble-gum pink hair. I'm metamorphmagus (that means I can change my looks), my mom said that there weren't many in the wizard world and that I should be proud of my amazing gift.

I changed out of my pajamas and put on dark blue skinny jeans and a dark green hoodie. I put my hair up in a messy bun and went outside.

My dad said he would have liked to live somewhere other than a daisy meadow but my mom picked this place so he was OK with it. I walked into the middle of the meadow and started picking daises.

Time always flew by when I was in the daisy meadow. I glanced at my watch and saw that it was already 2 pm. I got up and dusted myself off and started walking to the house.

As I walked in I saw Elise with her boyfriend Percy Weasley. I quickly looked away hoping that I wouldn't catch their eye. But it didn't work that well.

"Elli, come back here," yelled Elise.

"What?" I asked spinning on my heels to face her.

"Dad is looking for you. He is in his study," said Elise rather nicely.

"OK... ummm... thank you," I said confused. I looked at her again, she smiled at me. Then I remembered she was never mean to me around Percy.

I knocked on the door of my dad's study and heard "come in". I opened the door slowly and heard a loud CREAK. I saw my dad sitting on a chair and had a chair pulled up beside him. He motioned for me to sit and I did.

"I see you've got your Hogwarts letter," he said happily.

I nodded.

"I have just sent the return owl. We will be going to Diagon Alley early tomorrow morning," he said.

I nodded, again.

"Read off your supply list to me, please," said my dad.

I quickly got up and got the second piece of paper that came with my letter and read:

HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZADRY

Uniform 
First-year students will require: 
   1. Three sets of plain dress robes (black)  
   2. One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear  
   3. One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)  
   4. One winter cloak (black, silver fastenings)  
Please note that all pupils' clothes should carry name tags.

Set books  
All students should have a copy of each of the following  

   The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1) by Miranda Goshawk  
   A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot  
   Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling  

   A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch  

   One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore  
   Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsentus Jigger  
   Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander  
   The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble

Other Equipment  

   1 wand  

   1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)  
   1 set glass or crystal phials  
   1 telescope  
   1 set brass scales

Students may also bring an owl OR a cat OR a toad

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST-YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS

I stopped reading and looked up at my dad, the list and at my dad again. "How are we going to get everything on the list with just one trip to Diagon Alley?" I had a confused look on my face.

"Aren't you forgetting something Elli.... we are wizards. We'll find a way," he said with a smile. Then he left the room to leave me with my thoughts.