Chapter 10- Death Vision

Elli's Pov

***DREAM***

        I was looking down on a small room. There was a bed with a woman in it in a corner of the room. Everything was blurry but I knew the woman was young, maybe in her mid-30's. She was sleeping.

        There was a door opening on the other side of the room. Another person was starting to make its way into the room. The person was covered in all black from head to toe.

        The person crept over to the woman's bed. He (or she) lingered over the woman for a minute or two. He pulled something out of his pocket, a needle with green liquid inside of it.

        He flicked the needle, quickly looked over his shoulder and stuck the needle into the woman's neck. The woman didn't screaming or even wake up. He put the needle back in his pocket and left as quickly as he came in.

        The woman started violently shaking. If it wasn't for the restraints on her wrists and ankles she would have fallen of the bed. Soon enough the woman stopped shaking and her chest stopped raising.

        She was dead.

        The scene started to become clear and I realized the woman was my Mum.

        Someone had killed my Mum.

***END DREAM***

        "ELLI, WAKE UP!"

        My eyes shot right open and Gracie was standing beside me, her eyes filled with fear.

        "Are you OK? I came back for my bag and you were screaming", said Gracie holding a bag in her hands.

        I sat up and rubbed my eyes, "I thought you went home last night."

        "Don't try to avoid the question", said Gracie as she put down her bag and sat at the edge of my bed.

        "I'm fine", I said but Gracie didn't look that convinced. "Really. It was just a bad dream. Nothing to worry about."

        "Are you sure. You look pretty shaken up", said Gracie.

        I took a deep breath, trying to clear my head. I took a moment to think of something to say. I had dreams of my Mum dying ever since I could fully understand what really happened to her. They were usually of her screaming and different spells being used against her. But there was something different about this dream, like I was looking over an ongoing thing. And I didn't like it.

        "I'm fine, really", I sighed and looked Gracie straight in the eyes. "It happens all the time."

        "What happens all the time?", asked Gracie.

        "Please, I would rather not talk about it. Besides you should be getting home", I said jumping off my bed and pulling her Christmas present from my nightstand. "My Dad charmed it so that you could only open it at Christmas."

        "Thanks", said Gracie, putting the present in her bag. "I gave your present to your Dad, he's going to give it to you at Christmas."

        "Thanks", I said giving her a hug. "Have a safe trip."

        "Bye", said Gracie, leaving the room.

        I plopped back onto my pillow and stared at the ceiling. I focused on the dream and realized that it was just another on of my stupid, but scary, dreams. I was going to see my Mum on Christmas day and she was going to be fine and talking to me in her own little world, like always.