Chapter 3- Fireflies

I moved around within the past year creating friends and sometimes enemies. But for the most part people who I met and I helped have lived by my code.

My code is never killing and only stealing what you need.

I've had many burner phones but I decided that I actually wanted a phone. So collecting old phones from various places I created a place in New York, another abandoned building, and started to build a sort of society.

A society for any runaways of all ages really.

Any person wanting a place to crash or live but they need to live by the code. Many kids mostly older game and some of the friends I made over the year, Hector was my second in command, just below me.

I actually knew him before I joined my other gang when I was 7. The abandoned building we were currently in was big and had lots of space, two rooms were made into bedrooms, one for girls the other for boys.

Another Room for gaming and just messing around, the central or main room was for sparring and working on skills, we actually had a car to practice breaking into and the bars above for balancing.

The top floor area was mostly for me, the backroom was actually three rooms but only had one door to get into. The main part that people walk into is my office, where people can come to just talk to me.

To the right in that room was another door, my bedroom and Hector's. Then on the left in the central room was my workshop area.

My workshop had various things over it, a nice computer system, a mechanical workshop with all the right tools, and nice lighting.

My upstairs bit is where I normally go unless I go to the control room, it's a nice room that opposite to the barracks, as I like to call them, and it's where a map is for where we are going to be pulling certain heists.

In that room is also a computer system and a large screen for newbies to watch how the older kids go and break into places or pull a bank job.

Normally we just break into places, we try not to do a bank job unless we really need to money.

Over the last year away from my card family and two years since I left Gabe and my mother's murder I have actually gained a reputation for my hacking skills and now my little family here.

That and my sparring.

I was really good at sparring.

I was also good with numbers and timing.

It's why so many bank jobs work because I time the cops arrival and by the time the cops do respond the robbers are already gone and on their way back.

Now, you may think that I plan the timing before the actual attack, the truth is. I do it during, my mind is always working and calculating how fast is something moving or how slow.

How far until they reach where they are going, when I calculate depending on what the object is the mind slows down and my mind speeds up.

So when I'm sparring, I see ever hit or kick before they actually happen and I gain the upper hand. I don't know how to explain it but my mind has incredible reflexes.

Not many people actually know that I have the particular skill and I only tell my second in charge and some of the starter kids that I knew before I set this place up, the ones that I trust ultimately.

Sometimes we get some adults in our place but most of the time they stay to themselves and away from us 'delinquents' as they put us.

All we really do is survive and conquer another day.

But the part of the day I really like is night.

Out building is tall enough that you can hand out on the roof, looking out at New York and see all the lights turning on. Sometimes during the summer FireFlies come out and it's one of the times that we really relax.

The night is when we get enough hamburgers/hotdogs every Saturday, go up to the roof, and have a barbeque with chips, soda, hamburgers/hot dogs and sometimes ice-cream depending on the weather and we just relax and joke around sometimes dance because we also have music up there.

It's quiet enough that we don't attract any unwanted attention but loud enough for everyone to enjoy and dance too.

Our place here only changed a little bit a year later.

It wasn't anything really huge, we just met uncover agents Clint Barton and Natasha Romanoff. (This is before the Avengers movie so the Avengers haven't come together yet)