Chapter 3 | Old Friends

"Hey! Where are you going?"

I turn to face my best friend cuddling with her boyfriend before I answered. "I'm going out with some friends."

She rose an eyebrow and stood from the couch. Dylan still looking at me as his girlfriend crossed her arms in her chest.

"I didn't know you have some friends?"

Oh yes. I forgot to tell her about who I met yesterday. And that I got invited to a little party.

"Uhmmm... I met an old friend yesterday. And she kinda invite me to her party. That's why I'm coming."

She nodded as she sigh a relief. Even if we rarely talk to each other some time because she's too busy with her boyfriend, we still want to know what happening to each other.

"Alright. Have fun then yeah?"

I smiled at her as I said my goodbyes to the both of them and went outside the apartment.

I was wondering if I should call Chloe first or I should just come to the address she gave me. Since I think its not really hard to find.

- - - - -

I decided to find the address than disturb Chloe on whatever she is preparing right now for the party.

I knocked at the wooden door three times and waited for someone to open it. It took me like two minutes waiting for nothing so I knock again.

And when the door opened, the person I expected showed herself. "I knew you'd come. Come inside!"

I followed her as she walk excitedly going to I guess is the living room. And there I saw two familiar girls and one I have no idea who.

"Hi ! " they all greeted smiling at me.

"Hey!" I greeted them back as I sit beside the unfamiliar girl.

"How are you Emily?" The girl named Veronica ( as long as I remember ) asked.

"I'm doing good." I replied awkwardly.

We were in the same school before but we doesn't talk to each other back then. She's been Chloe and Gemma's best friend but we barely talk to each other.

"Its been a while Em. Are you married now?" The other familiar girl asked.

And I'm not quite sure if that question was supposed to be a joke or I do really look like a mother now.

I shook my head trying to make a little laugh. I don't want them to know that I'm feeling uncomfortable. "No. I'm not married yet."

"Oh? That's good you should enjoy yourself first."

"Yeah. I should."

"What do you guys want, coffee or alcohol?" Chloe interrupted as she came out from the kitchen.

"I would love to taste alcohol tonight." The unfamiliar girl answered.

I have no idea how is she related to these girls. I haven't seen her before. And Chloe did not even bother to introduce me to them.

"Okay then. What about you Emily ?" She ask me this time as the others told her already what they wanted.

I shook my head saying "no. Just thank you. I'm fine."

She nodded and went back to the kitchen to get what the girls are asking. And I was only left with the three girls laughing at whatever they are talking about. I'm sure they know each other. Since they seem like comfortable talking about stuffs. While I'm here trying to busy myself in looking at the surrounding.